Author Topic: Pushback selection before brake release  (Read 1501 times)

falcon71

Pushback selection before brake release
« on: December 11, 2019, 09:26:08 pm »
I like the late pushback selection, however it is a little bit too late for me. Acars systems start counting the block time once the parking brake is released. My VA often has tight schedules and it costs valuable minutes setting up a pushback. Is it possible to have the pusback selection just before releasing the parking brakes?

Koen

Re: Pushback selection before brake release
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:36:31 am »
not to hijack but if i may add. move the start on stand from the pushback direction selection to just when you request pushback. as a tug wouldn't connect if you are starting the engines on a taxi-out stand.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback selection before brake release
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 09:58:04 am »
not to hijack but if i may add. move the start on stand from the pushback direction selection to just when you request pushback. as a tug wouldn't connect if you are starting the engines on a taxi-out stand.

We have already dealt with this in our internal version, to be out soon. As soon as you ask for departure, there will be an initial question if you will need a pushback truck, so it won't even move if you said No. 

And yes, the question is configurable as an option: by default it will be made only on parking that have the pushback preference set to "None", but an option in the Settings can be enabled to always ask.