Author Topic: gsx buses custom livery  (Read 3265 times)

obb12

gsx buses custom livery
« on: February 18, 2020, 08:52:27 pm »
is there a way to make custom buses instead of the default buses?

XCLTM3

Re: gsx buses custom livery
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 10:23:32 pm »
Well, I asked if we will be able to customize the buses but haven't received a reply as yet and it's been some days now.

Here is the link -

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23043.0.html

I have noticed that the FS-Expo livery buses have disappeared from P3D  - not sure if that is a coincidence or not. (see my post screenshot)

Also, flight crew will arrive in a bus that has the appropriate livery - in this instance I had a Qantas flight 737-800 NGXu - and the pilots were driven in a regular small flight crew bus which had Qantas markings and colors.

It would be good to be able to do the same with the larger passenger carrying buses also. These buses typically either have the Airport logo on them, and/or airline logo.

Let's see Umberto's thoughts on this - when he eventually responds.....

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 08:16:31 am »
I have noticed that the FS-Expo livery buses have disappeared from P3D  - not sure if that is a coincidence or not. (see my post screenshot)

It hasn't. As suggested by other users, it has been assigned to appear ( randomly ) only at KLAS or KMCO. Users suggest, we always listen...

It would be good to be able to do the same with the larger passenger carrying buses also. These buses typically either have the Airport logo on them, and/or airline logo.

Everything will be good, and everything can be done.

But in order to be realistic, as you said yourself, the Passenger bus usually have the airport logo, and more rarely the airline logo, and most of the time this is DIFFERENT than the HANDLER, which is what GSX use. The other two are the catering logo and the jetway logo, which would be even less appropriate than the handling logo.

In addition to that, Passenger bus logos are usually full size over the body, which makes them more complex to customize without having the source files. And in addition to that, we don't use Photoshop for textures (that's not right in PBR), so we don't have the means to create a multi-layer .PSD that users might repaint.

That's an obsolete way of work, we now use Substance Painter almost exclusively, which creates multiple textures on the fly, using its own layer system that doesn't translate into traditional layered .PSD so a possible "PaintKit" for these full-livery vehicles, would require users to have Substance Painter installed.

That's if you want to have full covered liveries, which is how Passenger bus are usually made. Doing with the simpler Base Color + Logo approach of the other vehicles might be simpler, but it will still require to add a new customization class, some UI in GSX to it, etc.

At this time, we are more focused on doing something more substantial than this minor eye-candy feature ( the Bus is there, and it works ), for example adding new services like Emergency Vehicles ( we placed a static preview on Basel ), and ensuring compatibility with the next generation of Flight Simulator(s).

dron960

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 03:56:13 am »
Hello Umberto. I'll ask if it's about buses. Tell me, you can somehow adjust the size of the bus or GSX does it itself. The Parking lot is large. The plane is also large, but the bus is very small.
With respect.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 04:06:22 am »
Something's not right with that. This is the bus I ended up with.
Captain Kevin

teisco

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 05:48:14 pm »
And where do I find the dds files to custom paint the bus or other vehicles?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:17:51 pm »
Hello Umberto. I'll ask if it's about buses. Tell me, you can somehow adjust the size of the bus or GSX does it itself. The Parking lot is large. The plane is also large, but the bus is very small.

The size of the airplane or the parking doesn't have anything to do with the Bus selection. Only the Passenger Number counts so, if you got a small bus, it means the Passenger Number wasn't set correctly.