Author Topic: Question about Lvars and animations...  (Read 1907 times)

zillmer

Question about Lvars and animations...
« on: December 05, 2019, 10:29:15 pm »
Umberto,

I've been experimenting with an add-on that I have developed for my specific home cockpit setup which involves me spawning up my own instances of the GSX ground vehicles using SimConnect  (using SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject), and then controlling the animations using Lvars (accessed through the PDK IPanelService). Using this approach I have been able to, for example, spawn a copy of the pushback tug, read the animation Lvars from the GSX created instance and then mirror those on my instance of the pushback tug.

However, when I do this with the catering trucks I am experiencing a problem. I can see that the catering trucks have sets of animations in pairs, and one of the pairs is for the catering truck at the fwd service door and the other for the rear service door. I can also read, from the Lvars, the positions of the animations and I can see that on the first instance of the catering truck I get values for the both of the pairs of animations, and on the other instance I get the same values for the both pairs of animations.

However when I then apply those values to my two instances of the catering truck, they both follow the animation values for the first of the pairs, and the second pair is ignored. The result then is that I get both instances showing identical animations at the same time.

I've looked through the modelling SDK and panels SDK and can't see anything obvious on how to control which of the animations on a specific instance takes priority.

Is this something clever that you are doing with couatl/add-on manager, or is there something standard that I am missing?

This is quite technical so if you'd rather do this offline I'm happy to make contact via e-mail.

Regards

Simon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about Lvars and animations...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:46:56 pm »
I have replied with a PM.

zillmer

Re: Question about Lvars and animations...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 10:50:31 pm »
OK, thanks Umberto, but I can't see a pm in my message box?