Author Topic: Number of Containers Being Loaded  (Read 3102 times)

RFarmah

Number of Containers Being Loaded
« on: November 27, 2019, 12:00:29 am »
Currently I have GSX setup so I have to enter the passenger number for boarding. I enter 354 passengers for my PMDG 777, but only 2 containers are loaded (one front and one rear). However, when I start GSX boarding, my aircraft payload is set to 0 passengers in the FMC and minimal fuel as I simulate these processes and change the values and GSX performs the action. In order to get the full amount of containers, do I have to increase the payload in my FMC before GSX is called for boarding, or is there another way for me to be able to get the full amount of containers?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Number of Containers Being Loaded
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 12:34:28 am »
I enter 354 passengers for my PMDG 777

You mean from the PMDG FMC ?

That number is unknown to GSX, since PMDG doesn't communicate it to GSX, like other product ( FS Labs, Aerosoft, Leonardo, etc. ) do, so it's a value that is unknown to GSX, because it's not a standard variable GSX can read through Simconnect, it's custom and different for each airplane, so it's up to developers to communicate that to GSX, which is very simple and fully documented.

In order to get the full amount of containers, do I have to increase the payload in my FMC before GSX is called for boarding, or is there another way for me to be able to get the full amount of containers?

If the airplane doesn't communicate the passengers number to GSX, the actual PayLoad will be used to calculate the number of passengers. But then you have the "Estimate Passenger Number setting in GSX, which you can disable, so GSX wil ask you each time, without relying on the Payload.

RFarmah

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 01:24:01 am »
So to clear up, when I insert 354 passengers, I am typing that into the green bar GSX prompts. The actually PMDG FMC still reads 0 when I call for boarding, as I usually fill this out once boarding has completed with GSX. From what I’m understanding, even when I enter “354” passengers into the GSX prompted section, the container count still relies on the aircraft payload/weight that is related to the fmc?

RFarmah

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 01:32:58 am »
Additionally, prior to the last update I was able to keep my payload at minimum (8% fuel and 0 passengers) and request boarding with GSX. When I would request boarding, 5 containers would be loaded in the front and 5 would be loaded in the back. Now, I have to load a payload into the fmc in order to get 5 containers. I’m not sure if this is how it’s meant to work, or if somehow mine was working incorrectly before the update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 05:39:54 pm »
Please re-read my explanation carefully:

- If the airplane communicates the number of passengers to GSX, the payload won't matter, and the number will always be correct, assuming the airplane code is communicating the correct number. This is not the case with PMDG, which doesn't support this.

- If the airplane doesn't communicate the number of passengers to GSX, the payload WILL matter, so GSX will have to know the correct (final) payload before creating its vehicles.

- If you disable the "Estimate Passenger Number" option, the payload won't matter anymore, and GSX will ask you for the number of passengers each time it needs it to calculate how many carts to display, how many passengers to show, etc.

Airmaz1

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 11:58:48 pm »
It reads containers number from the cargo load fields, set pax and cargo before calling for GSX, should work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 12:34:27 am »
It reads containers number from the cargo load fields, set pax and cargo before calling for GSX, should work.

Not exactly, it reads it from the calculated passenger number, which can be related or not to payload, as explained above.

RFarmah

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 11:49:17 pm »
Okay that makes sense, but I’d like to point out that I disabled estimate passenger number and manually enter the number. Even with this set, and entering a large passenger amount like 354, I only get two pallets( one front one rear) until I increase the actual payload of the plane in the fmc and then call GSX again. It used to be the case of entering 354 passengers in the green bar, and no matter what my payload was, 10 pallets were loaded. After the last update, the number of passengers doesn’t effect the number of pallets being loaded, as I tried 450 passengers and though they were all simulated, only two containers were loaded.

RFarmah

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 07:48:21 pm »
Is anyone else experiencing this issue when it comes to entering the number of passengers through GSX? I still am experiencing the issue of entering 354 passengers into GSX via the green bar, but the number of containers being loaded still corresponds to the payload of the PMDG aircraft in the FMC at the time GSX is called, and does not rely on the number of passengers being told to GSX via the green bar as it has always previously done.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 11:05:12 pm »
Please stand-by, I could replicate your problem and even posted a fix, but reverted it, because it caused errors when using GSX just for pushback. But we'll look at it again soon.

RFarmah

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 04:30:17 pm »
Thank you and I look forward to the solution!