Author Topic: GSX Boarding not working  (Read 4857 times)

willj2711

GSX Boarding not working
« on: November 03, 2018, 11:21:23 am »
Hi

Recently GSX and GSX Level 2 have decided to work perfectly for me except for the fact that it doesn't like to board anything onto the aircraft. I select boarding in the menu, it says boarding requested but after half an hour the baggage loaders have not connected to the aircraft and there are no signs of bags, passengers, buses etc. (also when this happens the sim doesn't allow view change with the 'S' key).

Has this problem come about before and is it fixable?

Thanks
Will

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Boarding not working
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 12:52:42 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem so far, and surely nobody ever reported the view change key not working anymore. GSX never tries to take away any of the default view change keys so, unless you explicitly assign it to GSX (with the Key Mappings menu), it cannot possibly affect the view change.

AAA Dodger

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 09:41:50 pm »
hello, i have a similar problem i do not see the people boarding anymore. it worked fine in the demo version but not now.( i bought the full version gsx 2) i know it is something i am doing wrong but i do not know what.I have fsx steam. please may i have help ? Thank you for creating the best add on to fsx. your product is well worth the money. i know you are working hard to make this perfect. the best add on a must buy.You should be standard with FSX !!          Thanks - Alan Sims
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:04:23 pm by AAA Dodger »
Alan sims

willj2711

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 11:49:31 am »
Thanks for the reply,

I think the view change key is something different but just thought I would bring it up; the main issue is the fact when i select boarding, GSX seems to stall as the loaders don't move and nothing happens in terms of bags or pax.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:11:36 pm »
hello, i have a similar problem i do not see the people boarding anymore.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which was the inability to change view.

As explained in all threads about passengers supposedly not appearing, in order to see passengers, the following conditions must be met:

- If the scenery has jetways, they MUST be SODE jetways, and they must be docked. If the scenery has CTRL+J jetways, they must be replaced with SODE jetways using the GSX customization feature.

- If the parking is in the open, the Passenger bus must not be disabled, otherwise passenger won't show. Basically, they require a bus and stairs to work.

AAA Dodger

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 10:49:06 pm »
Thanks . I installed , uninstalled 5 times all virus turned off.On the fifth time the people appeared ? Did not see similar post . This sounded like the One. Sorry if i broke any rules.
Alan sims

MICH-YSSY

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 11:26:35 am »
Hello

I am experiencing the same as thread, No Boarding or Deboarding after requesting.
I have found that if I press Esc key on keyboard then boarding/deboarding will commence.
Also like the member above, the view keys are not working while in waiting but after pressing Esc key, view keys start working again.
Hope this helps identify the problem we are experiencing.

Thank you
Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 02:02:36 pm »
I have found that if I press Esc key on keyboard then boarding/deboarding will commence.
Also like the member above, the view keys are not working while in waiting but after pressing Esc key, view keys start working again.

That is very strange. What the Esc key does, is to send a "Stop", then a "Start" Simconnect command to all connected add-ons, including GSX.

GSX correctly needs to use it, so it won't try to needlessly send commands that won't be listened by the simulator when you are in one of the menus. But normally, a Start command is sent also when you first load a flight, in the exact same way, and the code in GSX that reacts to it is exactly the same as after pressing the ESC key, there's no difference whatsoever and GSX doesn't know if a Start came because you started a flight, or because you pressed Esc twice.

The most likely explanation for this, since we cannot obviously reproduce it ( and if it really was a GSX problem, thousands of users would have reported it so far ), is that you have another add-on that is interfering with this, altering the started/stopped state of the simulator, and for some reason pressing the ESC key reset it back to normal. Maybe something that is stealing the main window focus.

MICH-YSSY

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 08:30:49 am »
Yes
could be anything, i don't know.
If i find out any more i will let you know.

thank you
Michael