Author Topic: Multiple jetways per parking position not recognized by GSX  (Read 1723 times)

Pooch

Multiple jetways per parking position not recognized by GSX
« on: November 26, 2019, 02:53:54 pm »
Hello,
I replaced successfully the default Jetways with SODE-Jetways in PHLI and PHTO. Now I am replacing default Jetways in ( FSDT) PHNL but I have problems at Parking positions with 2 Jetways:

1. "Customize this parking position" GSX does not recognize Jetway2 ( should it or not ? )

2. If I choose manually "Parking has 2 Jetways" BEFORE I mark "Jetway Exclude" I get a Couatl error (log attached). If I answer "YES" to restart Couatl  I get the Couatl menue in the dropdawn menu but clicking on any of the submenu choises nothing happens. Closing and restarting FSX gives me all my registered scenery ( incl. GSX ) as Trial and NO couatl menue at all in the dropdown window. I now noticed that closing FSX after the Couatl error, the Couatl Processs remains active in the Windows Task Manager. Closing it manually and restarting FSX the Couatl Menue is back again and the Sceneries result as active.

3. If I choose manually "Parking has 2 Jetways" AFTER I marked "Jetway Exclude" + exit FSX for compiling the bgl, I do not get the Couatl error but after restarting FSX  all Parking positions with 2 Jetways show still the default for Jetway2 - BUT in the "Configure Parking Position" I get for Jetway2:
-Selected GSX User Jetway2 Bridege (default)
-Selected GSX User Jetway2 (customized)
I found the above customized Jetway2 inside the building and only by using NumPad 8 it moved outsinde but completely missplaced (Picture attached)

4. all Parking position with only 1 Jetway are fine.

I used GSX Level 2 TRIAL but today I purchased Level 2 (Black Friday offer, thanks) and also Level 2 is now fully activated - but no change for above Jetway 2 problem.

Thanks for help.
Peter
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:58:34 pm by Pooch »

Pooch

Re: Multiple jetways per parking position not recognized by GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:44:25 pm »
Hello again,

I found myself a solution:

re below 1. GSX seems to recognize for exclusion only those default Jetways (CTRL+J) that are in the AFCAD. All others, not in the AFCAD, are not recognized by GSX as they seem to be static ones and part of the scenery, even if looking identical to the default ones. Example: (FSDT-) PHNL Gate 7 Jetway 1 = in AFCAD, Jetway 2 = not in AFCAD.

re below 2. fixed by Update November 28, 2019

re below 3. considering above Jetway2 static which must be excluded, if possible, by renaming the corresponding scenery file, GSX does not know where exactly to position the replacement SODE-Jetway and puts it somewhere in the gate area and the user has to reposition and align it to the bridge using the NumPad.
After each Live Update the corresponding scenery files have to be renamed again because originals are replaced in the update.

Not sure if my conclusions are correct but they works for me - Umberto, can you pleased comment on this?
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple jetways per parking position not recognized by GSX
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 01:56:36 pm »
re below 1. GSX seems to recognize for exclusion only those default Jetways (CTRL+J) that are in the AFCAD

That's normal and to be expected.

And that's why there's a exclusion range that can be customized to begin with. If the jetway is included in the AFCAD as such, the default exclusion range of 1 meter is more than enough to exclude it, but by increasing the exclusion range a bit, would allow to exclude other jetways that, although not being "real" jetways (the AFCAD doesn't allow more than 1 jetway per parking), were still modeled as separate objects, and so they CAN be excluded.

When the jetway is static AND part of the mesh, is more difficult to exclude. Still possible, using ModelconverterX, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18401.msg128495.html#msg128495

Not the easiest thing to do, but possible.

After each Live Update the corresponding scenery files have to be renamed again because originals are replaced in the update.

There's no need to do any renaming and no need to edit the AFCAD, just follow the above indications. And yes, when we'll have a bit of spare time, we'll do GSX customizations for our older sceneries too