Author Topic: GSX & Famous Ding sound alerting jetways can work ??  (Read 1887 times)

cowings1588

GSX & Famous Ding sound alerting jetways can work ??
« on: November 24, 2019, 09:29:36 pm »
Curious, did you guys get rid of the famous ding sound.. I was literally just setting up this gate here in Denver, I was listening for the ding sound to make sure the jetway would work properly yet  I didn't get the ding or bell sound but yet the jetway still worked no issue. But kind of miss not hearing it knowing I am in deed in the right spot for jetway to function properly.  I was just curious if it got removed for some reason ?  I kind of liked hearing it knowing I have the plane in the right spot for jetway too work..

By the way want too take a second too Thank you guys for doing such a great job with this GSX..  I really like How GSX has come to be.. :)   Hope to see it involve anymore and even better hope too see it in the new Simulator MSFS2020 someday..   However for now, loving what your doing with it.. Its awsome..  I am so looking forward to a brand new KIAH scenery down the way too.

1 question though for the catering carts for express.. Is there a way to downsize the cart they push for like the CRJ and soon to be new Feel there EMB 170-195 where the carts isn't as big or there skinnier and smaller for the express aircraft ??
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & Famous Ding sound alerting jetways can work ??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:03:17 pm »
Curious, did you guys get rid of the famous ding sound.. I was literally just setting up this gate here in Denver, I was listening for the ding sound to make sure the jetway would work properly yet  I didn't get the ding or bell sound but yet the jetway still worked no issue.

The sound works just fine and we surely haven't changed anything to it. But even if you had problem with sounds, in addition to the "ding", you are also supposed to see a message on the top green bar, saying something like "Jetway xxx solves with Exit xxx" or a warning in Red saying "No jetway can working at this position".

If you are not seeing the messages, it's possible the NumPad 5 key is not working, possibly for the following reasons:

- Another add-on too that key

OR

- You have the NumLock enabled.

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 11:20:53 pm »
nope didn't get that message and as I said the jetway did work.. I had num key off too and normally never had an issue before with it and I even have it as part of chase plane setup and still worked before..  Just noticed this time that it didn't ding.. Ok well jetway worked.. I just curious as too why I didn't get it.. Thanks for the response.
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 11:35:59 pm »
nope didn't get that message and as I said the jetway did work..

Sure it's a GSX jetway ? Only those can be tested.