Author Topic: GSX does not recognize SODE Jetways after the last (VDGS) update **SOLVED**  (Read 3274 times)

AFS

Dear Umberto,

First of all, many thanks for your great work.

But it seems that since the last update for SODE-VDGS an error occurs.
I use GSX 2, my own SODE Jetways and SODE VDGS at my own airport. The SODE version is the newest, 1.65.
Everything worked except for the automatic SODE-VDGS detection until the last update. Now the problem arises that GSX recognizes the SODE-VDGS, but not the existing SODE Jetways anymore.

GSX only recognizes the standard jetways that have already been hidden by SODE and of course replaces them with the GSX Jetways. As a result, there are now 2 (!) Jetways on the gates. The self-placed SODE Jetways AND the replacement jetways from GSX.
The error occurred immediately after the update, but no setting was changed - neither before nor after!

I have analyzed the problem carefully, it is clearly GSX. Namely, if GSX is disabled, disappear - of course - the GSX Jetways and the SODE Jetways remain.

However, if I use an "old" version of GSX - I mean BEFORE the VDGS update, the problem does not arise. I can this, because I saved an old version so I can always switch to a previous version, if an error occours.

I have documented the problem with the attached pictures:

Picture 1: the gate with installed SODE-VDGS, BEFORE the update
Picture 2: the setting menu with installed SODE-VDGS, BEFORE the update
Picture 3: the gate with installed SODE-VDGS, AFTER the update
Picture 4: the setting menu with installed SODE-VDGS, AFTER the update.

Here you can see clearly that after the update, although now the SODE VDGS is recognized and taken into account, the detection of SODE jetways but no longer works.

The problem is reproducible at any time.

I ask you to check that. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 02:21:05 am by virtuali »

nordicman

Re: GSX does not recognize SODE Jetways after the last (VDGS) update
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 02:39:44 pm »
Double tap to AFS's issue. It seems this issue is with the latest update. Cartanya also verifies this and he knows how all this stuff works.

ahmadjie80

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 07:04:23 pm »
i have same problem with it, i can't select SODE Jetway for developer,and GSX give it new JETWAY

ralfy124

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 07:38:09 pm »
Thanks a lot AFS. I spent 3 hours now trying to find out why most of the jetways at WF Scenery Studios ZBAA airport (which has SODE jetways by default) are not recognized by GSX as they were before. Also read the post from Cartanya over on his facebook page.
I am looking for a quick fix please.

Regards

Ralf

etops

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:19:52 pm »
Same here.. Waiting for a fix ASAP.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 02:21:00 am »
Thank to your precise report, the problem has been fixed with the current Live Update.

ahmadjie80

thanks a lot umberto, all good now

Delmonte

I was with the same problem! Manually updated and then all back to work!! Thanks!