Author Topic: GSX wants me to close a door that is closed already  (Read 4337 times)

Captain45

GSX wants me to close a door that is closed already
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:58:59 am »
Hi,

I am using the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 version 1011 (today the latest) and I have updated GSX by FSDT Live Update. The aircraft comes with tailored gsx.cfg files for each model and situation (yes or no front loaders). They are stored in: ....\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\name airplane. The sim is P3Dv3.4.

This CRJ has something called 'Dave' (a tablet in the cockpit) that can be used to open and close doors (among other things).
When I close the doors using Dave, and then ask GSX for a Pushback, I get an alert that the Aft Cargo Door is still open (which it is absolutely not). The only way to get 'on the road' is to use Dave to Open and then Close this door.

Is there a way I can suppress the alert in the gsx.cfg?

Dirk

Attached the gsx.cfg of the CRJ900
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX wants me to close a door that is closed already
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:13:44 pm »
If the airplane is supplied with its own GSX.CFG made by the airplane developers, the location is supposed to be in the airplane folders under Simobjects\Airplanes, together with the airplane.cfg.

If you say you have one in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes, that looks more like a configuration you made yourself, because that's the place where GSX stores your own modifications, as soon as you start to do any changes to the configuration that comes with the airplane ( either supplied by the airplane developer or by the GSX internal database ).

Checking your custom configuration, is surely wrong because, the correct variable for the AFT Cargo Door in the Aerosoft CRJ-900 is NOT the default Exit 3 ( indicated by the usage of the "code = 3" line in the [cargo2] section of your GSX.CFG. That plane use a custom L: Variable to control the Aft Cargo door, which is named L:DOOR_AFT_CARGO_POS so, the proper code would be:

code = (L:DOOR_AFT_CARGO_POS, number)

If you want to edit the GSX.CFG file directly, or just (L:DOOR_AFT_CARGO_POS, number), if you do it from the GSX interface, after you select the door to be a "Door with Custom open/close checks” in the GSX airplane configuration editor.

Captain45

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 02:04:01 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto.

I updated the line and placed the cfg into the aircraft directory.

In P3D I checked by deboarding and that did not help. But after a restart of Couatl the deboarding completed. No problems.

After that boarding and then pushback. Then GSX asked for Close Main Exit while it was closed already.
So in Customize aircraft I've set the Main Exit and Cargo #1 to 'Door without open/close checks' to avoid further issues.

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:39:02 am »
After that boarding and then pushback. Then GSX asked for Close Main Exit while it was closed already.

Because there was another error in your .CFG file.

The Aerosoft CRJ is a bit unusual, in the way it use a custom variable even for the main passenger door, named L:DOOR_MAIN_DOOR_POS so, you should have an XML expression for it too, same as the other door:

code = (L:DOOR_MAIN_DOOR_POS, number)   ( in the CFG.CFG file )

or just (L:DOOR_MAIN_DOOR_POS, number) from the GSX interface.

GSX doesn't do anything strange, other than checking those variables in the sim so, if they are right, it will always work, but they are wrong, they will never work.

The default startup configuration is to have the main passenger door as the standard Exit 1 ( code = 1 ), the cargo doors at 2 and the service doors at 3, like the default airplanes but, of course, it cannot guess automatically whatever non-standard configuration that might have been used by 3rd party airplanes.

So in Customize aircraft I've set the Main Exit and Cargo #1 to 'Door without open/close checks' to avoid further issues.

That's the easiest solution if you don't to bother checking what variables a particular 3rd party airplane might have used, that's why GSX has it as an option.

Captain45

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »
Thanks again Umberto.

My guess is that Aerosoft never tested their product with GSX or they forgot to update the installation pack. Not so professional.  ;)
But there is more weird stuff on this product. Ever heard that you have to load a default aircraft with running engine first before you can load the CRJ? It's needed or you get a lot of 'surprises'. I'm simming since day one and this was my first.

Dirk

tangjuice81

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 03:20:16 pm »
As stated using the Door without open/close checks works for the Service door! No the Service vehicle is loading in the CRJ.

Charlesnb

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 12:38:36 am »
Hi there,
I use Project Airbus A380 that uses tailhook and wing folding commands to manage cargo and service doors. Do anybody knows the variable to enter for the custom open/close door check in the GSX interface please ?
Thank you for your help.
Kindly.

Charlesnb

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 12:39:14 am »
Hi there,
I use Project Airbus A380 that uses tailhook and wing folding commands to manage cargo and service doors. Do anybody knows the variable to enter for the custom open/close door check in the GSX interface please ?
Thank you for your help.
Kindly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 04:27:14 am »
Do anybody knows the variable to enter for the custom open/close door check in the GSX interface please ?

should be one of these:

(A:FOLDING WING LEFT PERCENT, percent)

or

(A:FOLDING WING RIGHT PERCENT, percent)

Charlesnb

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2019, 03:33:52 am »
Great, thank you so much. This seems to work for the service door (catering) with the wing folding command.
What about the tail hook command (for the cargo door) ? Didn't find anything on the web/forums...
Thank you.