Author Topic: GSX2 - "Just warp me there" Aircraft Flies off Uncontrollably  (Read 1786 times)

garydpoole

GSX2 - "Just warp me there" Aircraft Flies off Uncontrollably
« on: November 20, 2019, 08:30:20 pm »
Hello

Within GSX2 (P3DV4.4), I'm attempting to position my aircraft at a particular gate at UK2000 Edinburgh, eg, Gate 6.

However, every time that I call up the GSX2 menu to select a parking facility, choose the gate then select, "3 - Just warp me there", my aircraft flies off uncontrollably into the wild blue yonder.

I know that there's no issues with slew being setup correctly as selecting the 'y' key has no effect on the aircraft position and slewing around work perfectly well, ie, the aircraft does not fly off.

Any help much appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 - "Just warp me there" Aircraft Flies off Uncontrollably
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 10:21:01 pm »
f the airplane slews away uncontrollably, the problem is caused by one of your joystick not properly calibrated in the null zone. To fix this, be sure you calibrate all your controls AND set a proper Null Zone for all of them, even those you are not using the most.

However, the better fix would be simply removing any joystick axes while in Slew Mode, using the Control Settings page at the Slew mode tab.

garydpoole

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 08:55:11 pm »
f the airplane slews away uncontrollably, the problem is caused by one of your joystick not properly calibrated in the null zone. To fix this, be sure you calibrate all your controls AND set a proper Null Zone for all of them, even those you are not using the most.

However, the better fix would be simply removing any joystick axes while in Slew Mode, using the Control Settings page at the Slew mode tab.

Thanks for the reply, but I already stated in my original posting that there was nothing wrong with slewing:

"I know that there's no issues with slew being setup correctly as selecting the 'y' key has no effect on the aircraft position and slewing around work perfectly well, ie, the aircraft does not fly off."

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 03:14:19 am »
Thanks for the reply, but I already stated in my original posting that there was nothing wrong with slewing:

Fact you can put the simulator in Slew mode manually with a key press, doesn't automatically mean it will work the same if the Slew mode is activated through a Simconnect call. Have you tried doing what I suggested, to remove all joystick Axes assignments from Slew mode ?