Author Topic: Fatal error  (Read 2950 times)

DODD77

Fatal error
« on: November 19, 2019, 07:24:45 pm »
Hi all.
Have been using GSX level 2 for a while now with no problems, however last couple of weeks its stopped working.
It fuels ok but when i start boarding throws up a fatal error asking me to download latest addon manager.
According to website it doesnt need stand alone addon manager so im confused.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fatal error
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 11:26:51 pm »
As the Addon Manager page you saw says, since 2017, there's no need to install the stand-alone Addon Manager, because it has been replaced by the FSDT Live Update so, whenever you see any error, always run the FSDT Live Update to be sure you have the latest file.

If you still have the error, then please post the error log, the one you are suggested to open whenever you see that message.

DODD77

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 12:02:23 pm »
Ive attached the log file to my current problem
Ive tried to uninstall and re-install
live update is telling me im up to date

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 01:41:47 pm »
Try to enable logging in The Troubleshooting section of the GSX settings and restart the sim, so it will give you a more detailed log in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.log file.

DODD77

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 11:01:30 am »
hope this file helps

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 08:11:08 pm »
Could you please attach your .INI file, named egbb-nucw0c.ini under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

DODD77

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 11:05:05 pm »
Hi. I have added the file you asked for.
Not sure whether this will help but I think the problem may lay with my payware addon scenery. I flew to montreal this evening and GSX seemed to work perfectly fine with FSX default scenery. I have UK2000 scenery at EGLL EGBB EGKK EGPH EGJJ. I will try other sceneries later.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 11:50:29 pm »
Have you installed a PaintKit for FSX in the past ? Is the catering at EGGB one of your custom repaints ?

DODD77

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 01:14:28 pm »
Haven't installed a paintkit, but i have installed my virtual airlines own livery from.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 01:22:17 pm »
Haven't installed a paintkit, but i have installed my virtual airlines own livery from.

That's a PaintKit.

At a certain stage, we stopped supporting and updating the paintkit, since we moved to a much better system which make it way easier to create custom repaints, but works with P3D4 only, but it's not really compatible with the old PaintKit, which hasn't been updated in a while and, some files would require fixes to work with the latest version, which is why our Live Update now creates a backup of existing PaintKit vehicles ( in the Simobjects\\legacy_PaintKit folder ) and disable them from the simulator, so they won't cause errors.

But if you placed them back, or if your custom livery was made by manually editing the stock GSX folders, they require fixing.

If you could explain exactly how you customized your livery, possibly attaching a ZIP file with all your customization, I can tell you which files you should fix.

DODD77

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 04:26:24 pm »
Ok. It was a download direct from FLYUK that installed them automatically if i remember correctly. I will have to take a look when i get home later

DODD77

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 12:51:22 pm »
Sorted it thanks. Found the FLYUK GSX files that they had added and deleted them. All seems to be working fine now.
Thanks for your time and effort in resolving this matter.