Author Topic: GSX 2 Active but not Installed  (Read 2253 times)

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
GSX 2 Active but not Installed
« on: October 30, 2019, 06:25:17 pm »
P3D V4.5

GSX 2 shows Active but NOT installed.  I have cleared cache, deactivated anti-virus, deleted old GSX installer folder, redownload version for P3D v.4, ran the installation, registered SODE, and hand entered my S/N. Addon Manager shows GSX 2 Active.... but NOT INSTALLED and shows Trail Mode in Sim.  The interesting part is that GSX does work at FSDT KDFW, which I have... however, shows Trail Mode for any other airport. FYI the Addon Manager DOES show KDFW Intatlled and Active.  I've gone through the forums and tried the suggestions and have not been able to resolve the issue.  Been trying to resolve for months and at witts end, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Simpilot737Max

Re: GSX 2 Active but not Installed
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 09:36:53 pm »
I have a similar issue. GSX shows "ACTIVE," but whenever I hit Ctrl+Shift_F12, the Addon Manager menus disappears!  >:(

Stephen
P3DV4.5, W10, SODE 1.65

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 02:40:33 pm »
GSX 2 shows Active but NOT installed.

It's not possible GSX or GSX L2 would show "not installed", since the "not installed" indication in the Addon Manager is only used for sceneries, indicating "Not installed in the Scenery Library".

GSX or GSX L2 are not sceneries that must be installed in the Scenery Library, so they will either show "In Trial" or "ACTIVE", no other indication.

It seems you are using an old version of the installer, or installed an old version of the Addon Manager because, years ago, the message was different and in fact could indicate GSX as "not installed", but that wasn't an error, it was just confusing, so we don't have that indication anymore.

Be sure you have the current version of the installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 02:41:21 pm »
I have a similar issue. GSX shows "ACTIVE," but whenever I hit Ctrl+Shift_F12, the Addon Manager menus disappears!

Your problem is totally different, doesn't have anything to do with this thread. Please open a new thread for it.

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 04:37:18 am »
Let me clarify... using the latest & download and installed last week.   Let me rephrase.  Accepts S/N and shows "ACTIVE" only works at the FSDT Dallas airport.  Any other location ... it reports on p3d information... in trail mode until purchased and will only call up the 3 test airports when I open the console.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 01:08:55 pm »
Let me clarify... using the latest & download and installed last week.   Let me rephrase.  Accepts S/N and shows "ACTIVE" only works at the FSDT Dallas airport.  Any other location ... it reports on p3d information... in trail mode until purchased and will only call up the 3 test airports when I open the console.

I only see the GSX L2 status as "Active" in your screenshot. That doesn't say anything about the activation of GSX.

When you see the 3 airports Trial menu, it means GSX is in Trial. When GSX L2 is in Trial, you'll see a completely different message, which will say jetways won't move outside Trial airports. GSX has a separate activation and key than GSX L2. Fact GSX L2 is activated, doesn't mean GSX will be active too. They must be *both* activated separately, each one with its own activation key.

SandPro

• FSXCarrierOps
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 02:58:01 am »
RESOLVED   Fixed a serial number issue.    Thanks for the hint.