Author Topic: QW 787-10  (Read 1727 times)

rick66

QW 787-10
« on: November 02, 2019, 02:50:10 am »
I`m trying to figure out why the tug always seems to connect in the wrong area(see pic) in the P3dv4.5 simobjects airplanes folder under 787-10 i see a gsx cfg, i also see in Virtuali folder in Appdata roaming airplanes there is also a gsx cfg file, so which one will gsx read when i call for push back? the 787-10 gsx cfg i`m using was from the users share area here on the forums.

https://i.imgur.com/F4cowTG.jpg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:09:18 pm by virtuali »

rick66

Re: QW 787-10
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 03:24:23 am »
I`ve sorted it out.. marked solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: QW 787-10
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 02:15:24 pm »
In any case, for future reference, GSX will read the aircraft configuration from all these sources, in order of priority:

1) If there's no configuration data at all, it will read from Simconnect and the aircraft.cfg. This is not ideal, since doors positions won't be very accurate, but it's a start to create a custom config.

2) If there's an old intelliscene.cfg file made for AES by the airplane developers, it be will be used by preference over #1

3) If the airplane is internally supported by GSX, the internal configuration will be used by preference over #2

4) If the airplane comes with a GSX.CFG file, in its own folder ( the one that contains the aircraft.cfg file too ), which is usually supplied by the airplane developer, it be will be used by preference over #3

5) If the airplane has a GSX.CFG file in %APPDATA%\GSX\Airplanes, which is usually created when you edit the airplane with the GSX airplane configuration page, it be will be used by preference over #4

The GSX airplane configuration page will indicate from which source GSX is reading its data from.