Author Topic: Confussion About the GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion  (Read 1507 times)

kmanning

Confussion About the GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion
« on: October 31, 2019, 09:36:54 pm »
On the Products Download page, you say that GSX INCLUDES the Level 2 Expansion. On the Purchase Product page, you say that GSX is required for GSX Level 2 Expansion to work. On one page, you're saying that it requires the GSX and on another page, you're saying that it includes it. If the GSX includes the GSX Level 2 Expansion, then one doesn't need to purchase the GSX Level 2 Expansion. If one needs to have the GSX before purchasing the Level 2 Expansion, then why are you saying that the GSX includes the Level 2 on the Product Download page? That's what I'm confused about. I'm also confused as to why both the GSX and the GSX Level 2 Expansion have the exact same setup name, and does not distinguish between the two. I have 2 of the products, both the GSX and the GSX Level 2 Expansion, and I'm reinstalling my addons. Do I need to install the GSX before installing the GSX Level 2 Expansion, or do I just need to install one or the other?

Ken.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:41:04 am by kmanning »

Simpilot737Max

Re: Confussion About the GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 04:10:02 am »
Great Post! I was asking the same. But good luck in getting an answer!!

Stephen

gsxuser

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:29:30 am »
That is easy to explain:

The setup installs the program-code for GSX and GSX 2.

You can now puchase GSX and get the key for using GSX. Now GSX works, GSX 2 is installed, but doesn't work.
Now you can purchase GSX 2, register it with the key and GSX and GSX 2 works.

But you can't activate GSX 2 without activating GSX first. So for using both you have to buy both.

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 01:34:14 pm »
And you can use GSX and GSX2 in all FSDT Airports for free, without the need to activate them. That's why you somtimes have to install them for FSDT Airports to have them work, even if you only bought the airport itself. They are connected.
Beat578