Author Topic: Orbx YMML gate C11  (Read 2647 times)

brucewtb

Orbx YMML gate C11
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:07:46 am »
How do you fix this?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Orbx YMML gate C11
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 08:24:34 am »
If that's the QualityWings 787, are you running the latest update. They just put one out a few days ago. Is this the only gate where this happens.
Captain Kevin

QFA1213

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 09:40:01 am »
That's one of the IK jetways (default type) made by Orbx. I don't believe there is much you can do other than add SODE jetways.

brucewtb

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 03:04:23 am »
OK it is an oddity of this gate and the QW 787.  Orbx YMML in its day was a highly detailed airport but is now quite dated and can look rather crude.  In real life QF9 which I am attempting to emulate in the sim departs from C11 at YMML for Perth (YPPH) and then London Heathrow (EGLL).  This international flight is unusual in that it departs from the domestic terminals in Melbourne and Perth however if you park a wide body aircraft at C11 in Orbx's YMML you get this anomaly when operating the jetway but this doesn't appear to be a GSX issue and I think can be partially fixed by editing the parking.  Other gates at the Qantas domestic terminal in Melbourne do work better for wide bodies eg B21 and B23.

Bruceb

QFA1213

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 03:36:18 am »
You might want to double check your information about QF9/10. Perth Airport Terminal 4 is currently the only location in Australia with separate domestic and international terminals to have swing gates (bay 18-20) allowing either operation. At Melbourne, all international flights use Terminal 2 (Delta Pier), Qantas Domestic uses Terminal 1 (Bravo and Charlie Pier) and other domestic operations from Terminal 3 and 4 (Echo, Foxtrot, Golf).
You can check QF9/10 on Flightradar 24 to confirm this.
I'm guessing the flight you looked at departed from D11 rather than C11 on that day  ;).

Back to jetways, I have replaced most of the Orbx jetways at YBBN and YMML with SODE ones in my sim so it's hard for me to test anything but I think you'll find the issue is with the specific jetway model used on that position rather than the aircraft. The aerobridge errors have been present since Orbx ported the airports over to P3D.

Below are examples I could find from Brisbane:
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/171063-ybbn-jetways-not-operating-correctly/
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/122009-orbx-brisbane-scenery-jetway-not-aligned-properly/

The issue also appears in an Orbx promotional picture of their AI traffic pack (4th image - 1st picture on 2nd row): https://orbxdirect.com/product/aitraffic-aunz-p3dv4

Thanks
Brendan

brucewtb

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 06:25:46 am »
Thank you for that clarification.  I got my departure gate info from Flightaware and I thought it gave C11 as the departure gate for QF9 but that was about a month ago now and I can't  recheck.  However it does seem that normally QF9 departs from the international terminal T2 in Melbourne so perhaps it was D11 or maybe there was a change for the particular date I was looking at.  Anyway I will try to get my head around replacing Orbx jetways with SODE ones at YMML and YBBN.

Bruceb