Author Topic: GSX Download Files Corrupted  (Read 1482 times)

SWAPilot

GSX Download Files Corrupted
« on: October 22, 2019, 11:57:19 pm »
Hi I've tried downloading the x64 version of GSX for P3Dv4.5 numerous times now trying different remedies such as deactivating antivirus & firewall, different browsers, and clearing cookies. I was hoping I could get independent download links to each bin and the setup independently of each other. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Download Files Corrupted
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 06:27:27 pm »
I verified the download and it downloads correctly the installer. Getting individual download won't help, it's not as if our installer downloads the "wrong" files.

If you are getting the wrong files, it's because either your browser cache if playing tricks on you, or because your local cloudflare node is serving the wrong files because it hasn't been updated automatically, or your ISP is doing extra caching so save his bandwidth, but in all cases you would still get the same "wrong" files if you downloaded them manually.

Try all the following:

- Clear your browser CACHE ( not cookies )

- Be absolutely sure you disable every antivirus/firewall that can possibly interfere with the download

- If you have this folder, remove it:

Documents\GSX_Installer

- If all else fails, try with a VPN, which will allow you to download as if you were located elsewhere, this one is Open Source:

https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/

SWAPilot

Re: GSX Download Files Corrupted
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:10:38 am »
Tried as recommended and still no joy.... Looks like I'll be waiting until the installer is updated.