Author Topic: FlyTampa Vienna GSX Level 2 + terrible Audio  (Read 3234 times)

Alpolex

FlyTampa Vienna GSX Level 2 + terrible Audio
« on: October 21, 2019, 12:07:21 pm »
Dear FSDT-Team,

initally thank you for your product and all your efforts.
While checking out FlyTampa Vienna with GSX Level 2, I found some issues I would like to resolve.
While downloading several GSX-Files (IniBuilds) for example, I couldn't get them running in my P3D. Other files, like Frankfurt or Zurüch are working perfect. Nevertheless, I need some help.

1) AFCAD File
While selecting Gates in P3D, he relies on the AFCAD File. In this case it is "LOWW_DEICE_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl" according to the GSX Customization.
This files showes, obviously, all available Gates in the P3D Airport and Gate Selection.

FlyTampa's Original AFACD file shows Gate F23 as a "Small" gate, whereas the real Gate should be a "Heavy" Gate.
How can the AFCAD File be edited?

2) Beacon Lights of Jetways are not stopping
The Beacon Lights are flashing while the Jetways are moving. Unfortunately, they do not stop while beeing at the aircraft. Is this known?
The same for Frankfurt.

This would be my initial questions to start working on Vienna. The next step will be placing ground vehicles correctly.
Last but not least - sorry to be honest and direct, but the updated sound set (which obviously sounds like a WW2 soldier trying to speak a foreign language) is the worst I have ever seen in history.
Do it like XPlane's better Pushback and record several soundsets for severeal regions. There are enough aviation enthusiasts which would like to record it and implement it. I would highly appreciate that!
Also, the Boarding sound loop, which is repeating every few seconds is killing the mood in GSX. Have a ride on the FSLabs A320 and you can listen a good one. Maybe you can adapt something from real life and do a longer boarding sound?

Best Regards and thanks so far!
Alexander
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 02:44:26 am by Alpolex »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FlyTampa Vienna GSX Level 2 + terrible Audio
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:13:27 pm »
FlyTampa's Original AFACD file shows Gate F23 as a "Small" gate, whereas the real Gate should be a "Heavy" Gate.  How can the AFCAD File be edited?

How this has anything to do with GSX ? You can override the gate radius in GSX, for *GSX* purposes, but of course neither the sim nor the AI will care. You need to edit the AFCAD for that, which is not really a GSX question then.

The Beacon Lights are flashing while the Jetways are moving. Unfortunately, they do not stop while beeing at the aircraft. Is this known?

They surely do, on GSX jetways. Nobody ever reported this before and, of course, I tried it right now, and both the beacon and the sound stops when the jetway docks.

Last but not least - sorry to be honest and direct, but the updated sound set (which obviously sounds like a WW2 soldier trying to speak a foreign language) is the worst I have ever seen in history.

You don't seem to have the latest update ( dated October 11th ), because we added real voices from English with German accent, replacing the previous text-to-speech with a real voice.

Do it like XPlane's better Pushback and record several soundsets for severeal regions.

That's exactly what we have now, we have several soundset automatically assigned to each country depending on that country official language.

There are enough aviation enthusiasts which would like to record it and implement it. I would highly appreciate that!

That's exactly what we have now. We still have some voices made with text-to-speech, but English-German in NOT one of them, in the last update.

Also, the Boarding sound loop, which is repeating every few seconds is killing the mood in GSX. Have a ride on the FSLabs A320 and you can listen a good one. Maybe you can adapt something from real life and do a longer boarding sound?

If with "boarding loop" you mean the hello sounds, since many updates ago, their frequency has been reduced by 90%.

Alpolex

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 02:05:41 am »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for your reply!

How this has anything to do with GSX ? You can override the gate radius in GSX, for *GSX* purposes, but of course neither the sim nor the AI will care. You need to edit the AFCAD for that, which is not really a GSX question then.

Thanks - question deleted.

They surely do, on GSX jetways. Nobody ever reported this before and, of course, I tried it right now, and both the beacon and the sound stops when the jetway docks.

I have this issue with several Gates. I will try to record a video in my P3D.

You don't seem to have the latest update ( dated October 11th ), because we added real voices from English with German accent, replacing the previous text-to-speech with a real voice.

I did just run the updater and will check those sounds tomorrow. Thank you for your efforts!

That's exactly what we have now, we have several soundset automatically assigned to each country depending on that country official language.

Are they recorded from real, or is it the synthetic google voice?

If with "boarding loop" you mean the hello sounds, since many updates ago, their frequency has been reduced by 90%.

Thanks for doing this - but my point still remains valid, the boarding soundset is not really competetive. It would be a big plus if this sound would alter itself for several boardings or would just be a little bit more diverse.

Best Regards,
Alexander

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 01:53:36 pm »
Are they recorded from real, or is it the synthetic google voice?

Of course they are, it's the voice of a fellow forum user. Your reference to the fact it sounds like a german WW2 solder, leads to believe you haven't updated, because that exactly what sounded the OLD version for german/english, which WAS synthetic, the current one is not.

Alpolex

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:17:47 pm »
I've heard the new voice set in Luxembourg - however, in Zürich and Frankfurt I have experienced the previously described WW2 soldier.
Is this on purpose?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »
I've heard the new voice set in Luxembourg

In Luxemburg, you are supposed to hear a REAL voice with a French accent.

however, in Zürich and Frankfurt I have experienced the previously described WW2 soldier.

Here, instead, you are supposed to hear a REAL voice with a German accent.

Is this on purpose?

Yes, of course it is, but both are real voices and they sounds good to me, even if the French recording is of a bit better quality. But I assure you they are both real people and native speakers.

Alpolex

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 07:40:06 pm »
So, I have updated GSX Level 2 (and also my colleagues) but we are still experiencing the synthetic voice on other airports like Frankfurt, Vienna or Zürich.
The only airport which was working - and the voice was clearly and great - was Luxembourg.
If every voiceset was like this - kudos, sounds great to me!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 11:25:04 am »
So, I have updated GSX Level 2 (and also my colleagues) but we are still experiencing the synthetic voice on other airports like Frankfurt, Vienna or Zürich.

Could be you placed DONTUPDATE files, because you downloaded alternative voices soundsets and wanted the Live Update to prevent overwriting them ?

The only airport which was working - and the voice was clearly and great - was Luxembourg. If every voiceset was like this - kudos, sounds great to me!

Of course they are, at least the ones which do have real voices, which surely are the German, the French, the Scandinavian, the Indian, the American and the Italian voices.

Alpolex

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 08:28:20 pm »
Could be you placed DONTUPDATE files, because you downloaded alternative voices soundsets and wanted the Live Update to prevent overwriting them ?

Where can I check if this "DONTUPDATE" function is active? I can't see this setting anywhere.
I have not placed any files by myself into GSX in regards of voice settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 03:34:00 pm »
Where can I check if this "DONTUPDATE" function is active? I can't see this setting anywhere.

It's not a function, you must have created this file manually, to prevent updates, which is something users commonly do when they install 3rd party alternate voice sets for GSX.

I have not placed any files by myself into GSX in regards of voice settings.

If you are sure of that, and you have ran the last Live Update, then you can be sure that every airport in a German-speaking country will have the German-English voice set, which is a real voice, exactly like the other real voices.

Right now, the only voices that are still text-to-speech, are Australian and British English, all the rest are real-