Author Topic: FSDT GSX Drive change  (Read 1623 times)

Alti

FSDT GSX Drive change
« on: October 17, 2019, 11:59:50 am »
Hello, i want to remove all GSX and FSDT Airports from my old harddisk to an new SSD.
Its possible to copy all? Or i must deinstall complete FSDT Software and install all new?
If new Install only possible to do that, have i to delete any registry entry before new install?

thanks for answer. thomas

Beat578

Re: FSDT GSX Drive change
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 07:42:01 am »
I just did exactly that one month ago: I made a 1:1 copy of my old HD on a new 4 TB SSD just for my flightsim.
Was no problem at all. (It was not the windows Disk though, that would be a problem as you would have to use a tool to really make an image of the disk), but in my case where only addons have been installed (and some progrmas) it just worked. I chanched the Disk letter to the one the old HD had and could use every add on without a problem.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT GSX Drive change
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 06:31:09 pm »
If you do a 1:1 copy and, after the copy, you'll remove the old hard disk so the SDD will get the same letter ( usually C: ) as the old one, you won't have to do anything or reinstall anything.

You MIGHT have to reactivate all the FSDT software, because if the Windows boot drive changes, it will trigger an hardware change, but it would be a matter of just re-inserting all your serial numbers, with no need to reinstall.