Author Topic: Helipads revisited  (Read 1713 times)

svenks

Helipads revisited
« on: October 14, 2019, 07:56:43 pm »
Hi all (my first post here) ;D
I really like this product, and generalæly it works very well. I try to ignore when a luggage train plows through my disembarking passengers... :o

But one thing I really dislike is when I after a long flight find that I'm being guided to a parking on a nearby/embedded helipad!
Yes, I know how to fix it, but P3D has LOTS of helipads and my CouatlAddons.ini is going to be VERY long, if this keeps up!

So, may I humbly suggest an option in settings to prevent helipads from being picked up?
Or, if you like, a prompt that asks which airport to use when the program discovers 2 or more "airports" within a given range?

I think that will make many people happier, thanks

Sven Sorensen, EKCH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Helipads revisited
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 09:51:04 am »
GSX already automatically discards .BGL files that are surely not useful with GSX. For example, in order to be considered usable, an airport should have at least one runway, a parking and a taxiway so, normally, a true helipad, shouldn't be picked.

Could be please make any example of an helipad that is being picked as an airport ?

svenks

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 01:49:03 pm »
Hello, thanks for your reply
As I started writing this, I found out that you can find all of these airports by using "Goto Airport" and entering JF.. in the search field. Yet I was unable to search for these airports using ADE. Strange, as I don't have any global add-on scenery... Or do I?

It turns out that these helipads comes from Traffic Global and their BGLs are stored under "C:\<user>\Documents\TrafficGlobal\AirportFacilities\Scenery".

Examining JFGL in ADE indeed shows 3 parkings and a taxipad, and so GSX will accept that as a valid airport - IF I'm close enough!

Question is: What to do? It will be a big job turning visibilty down for all JFxx airports, but on the other hand it is probably not a good idea to exclude the above folder from GSX - if that is possible at all.

BRGDS
Sven Sorensen, EKCH

svenks

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 02:33:47 pm »
Big job, I said...

Well, not really when I looked deeper. There are only 30 such helipads in Traffic Global and getting their names into CouatlAddons.ini proved easier than I thought.
I would say, though, that one line per visibilty is a bit much. Why not use the "disable" format?
Anyway, I still think there should be a prompt, when more than 1 "airport" is detected. It could be that I want a helicopter refueled.
BRGDS
Sven Sorensen, EKCH

PS: If anyone else need it, just copy this into to CouatlAddons.ini:
airport_visibility_JFDB = 0
airport_visibility_JFDF = 0
airport_visibility_JFDH = 0
airport_visibility_JFDK = 0
airport_visibility_JFDM = 0
airport_visibility_JFDT = 0
airport_visibility_JFEH = 0
airport_visibility_JFGB = 0
airport_visibility_JFGC = 0