Author Topic: Two-stage jetways  (Read 1520 times)

Rafal

Two-stage jetways
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:57:07 am »
The below image shows a jetway at ORBX LYBE airport on P3D4.5hf2.
The jetway consistes of two parts but at a rather large angle.
The result is pax deboarding the plane disappear after walking through the first stage (marked with a green arrow).
Is multi-stage jetway pax animation planned or maybe it can be triggered somehow already?
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Two-stage jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:31:57 am »
The passenger walking path already supports a jetway bridge but, of course, it must be a GSX bridge, which has its dimensions and placement entirely known to GSX.

If you place only a Jetway with GSX, and use the bridge that comes with the scenery, this is usually part of a terminal mesh, so there's no way for GSX to know how and where it's placed. In fact, GSX doesn't even know the bridge exists.

I think this might be *possibly* solved in two ways:

- With a full blown passenger path editor, not very different from the new multi-waypoint editor for the custom pushback, with additional controls to set the height from ground at each waypoint and its width. GSX already supports all of that, internally, which is how the walking passenger inside the Terminal C at KORD V2 work, and this should be our long term goal, since it will also allow for custom walking path for passenger reaching the terminal on foot after using a staircase, when a Bus is not required.

- Setting an "invisible" property to the GSX jetway bridge, so you could use it as a dummy to match bridges coming from 3rd party sceneries, using the GSX bridge information without creating the actual object, just to allow the passengers to complete the path. However, something like this would become useless once we'll have the above "real" editor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:47:11 am by virtuali »

Rafal

Re: Two-stage jetways
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 10:34:32 pm »
Umberto!

Thank you for replying to my post.
I appreciate your detailed explanation and look forward to such an editor.

Enjoy your evening!  :)
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020