Author Topic: GSX menu won't appear  (Read 1895 times)

selcal77

GSX menu won't appear
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:00:52 pm »
Hi there,
I've been having some problems with GSX in the last few days, whereby the menu will not appear on some occasions. I try restarting coutl, but this doesn't have any effect. I just get the 'bong' error sound when hitting ctrl+F12. I've quit the sim and run the coutl updater, but this doesn't seem to have helped.

Another gripe I have is the irritation of having to quit out of the sim when an update is available - it's really annoying to spend ages setting up a scenario, waiting for the aircraft and scenery to load, only to find you have to quit because coutl wants to update itself. I suppose the only way round this would be to run the updater before loading the sim. But the updater seems to run through a longwinded download and check of all files even when you've only just updated. Not ideal.

Would welcome any suggestions on these latest bugs,

Kind regards,

selcal77

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu won't appear
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 12:51:30 pm »
I just get the 'bong' error sound when hitting ctrl+F12. I've quit the sim and run the coutl updater, but this doesn't seem to have helped.

The "bong" sound is your indication GSX is WORKING PERFECTLY. But GSX is trying to tell you something, the reason why you cannot call it, but you don't see it for one of the following reasons:

- You put the Verbosity slider in GSX all the way down, so you won't see any of its notifications

OR

- You disabled the Message Text options in the simulator Settings in the General-Info tab.

Another gripe I have is the irritation of having to quit out of the sim when an update is available - it's really annoying to spend ages setting up a scenario, waiting for the aircraft and scenery to load, only to find you have to quit because coutl wants to update itself.

I really don't understand this comment. That's just a NOTIFICATION to let you know there's an Update available. Updating immediately it's not by any means compulsory, and GSX will work for that session just fine so, if you want to continue with your flight, just do so, and update after exiting the sim.

selcal77

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:42:47 am »
Many thanks and sorry for the late reply. You're right I think, I will have a look at the notification settings as I was obviously missing a message here. The problem resolved itself when I moved to another gate, so whatever it was, the issue was with the gate and not GSX. Thanks for your response though which was helpful.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 09:11:13 am »
Many thanks and sorry for the late reply. You're right I think, I will have a look at the notification settings as I was obviously missing a message here. The problem resolved itself when I moved to another gate, so whatever it was, the issue was with the gate and not GSX. Thanks for your response though which was helpful.
Gate was probably too small for the aircraft you were trying to use.
Captain Kevin