Author Topic: More customization and default choices.  (Read 2066 times)

gromor

More customization and default choices.
« on: October 11, 2019, 07:39:44 pm »
Hi.

I just did at custom gsx profile and it occurred to me that less choices would greatly add to the immersion factor.
I like the option we have to choose a default airline and catering and tickbox for disable stairs.

I was wondering if we could possibly get more customization choices like:

If we want Starting engines before pushback or not.
If we want just one pushback option that instantly loads.
If there is a jetway available just connect it? For example: "Gate uses one jetway". I can see that multiple jetways would need a user input.

i just want to reduce the number of clicks before taxi.

I was also wondering why the pilots and attendants arrive before passengers. This is also something i think there should be a tickbox for.
Or maybe just remove it?

Regards
Morten Grøndahl

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: More customization and default choices.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 10:53:51 pm »
Maybe I'm confused, but as far as asking to start engines before pushback or not, that's already there. As for why pilots and flight attendants arrive before passengers, you certainly can't board passengers without them.
Captain Kevin

gromor

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 11:33:05 pm »
Hi Kevin.

My question to FSDT is to make it an optional. I think maybe i have use that option 5 % of my takeoffs and it is also dependent on where i am in the world.
If i'm making a custom profile on a specific gate and i know that gate will never use that option its just another thing i have to click on before push.

The pilots and attendants are sometimes a hasle if i am ready to board and i, the pilot have been on board for 50 minutes already preparing. To then have to watch myself board when i activate boarding is a little weird. Also on a stand without jetway i have to wait for the small car with the personell to finish before the bus with the passengers arrive.

Regards Morten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 11:39:06 pm »
My question to FSDT is to make it an optional. I think maybe i have use that option 5 % of my takeoffs and it is also dependent on where i am in the world.

If you are referring to the starting engines before pushback question, it's more likely dependent on the airplane configuration, rather than the airport. Those that *should* start at least one engines before pushback are those without an APU, for example.

gromor

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 11:42:52 pm »
Hi.

I get that but when pushing back from a gate in LAX the plane you are using probably has a APU.
I just like the options you give me when customizing a gate and because i'm greedy i want more :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 11:47:20 pm »
I get that but when pushing back from a gate in LAX the plane you are using probably has a APU.

Yes, but if wouldn't make much sense having to repeat that option for all airports used by modern liners, it would be way easier to set that in the few airplanes you might use without an APU.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 12:51:13 am »
I just like the options you give me when customizing a gate and because i'm greedy i want more :)
And suppose you have an inoperative APU. Then what. You'd have to start at least one engine at the gate and then do a cross-bleed start.
Captain Kevin

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 10:41:26 pm »
Going back to the original question from Mortein,

I support two of his requests for a further tick boxes in the config.

I have a full hardware B737 cockpit.

1. I never start the engines before pushback but are continually being asked. It would be nice to have the tick option to have it permanently excluded from the sequence. (one less click)
2. I disagree as, if for example, you are parked in the centre a long runway, pushback options could be both ways depending on the active runway but, if your Pushback directions are configured, for a Gate, only for one direction, why ask or confirm? (one less click)
3. I Agree. Particularly if you have built only one Jetway at a Gate that will only reach the front door or the Aircraft config file only has one front door active. (Two less clicks)

I still love GTX2 as it is but to me, the less clicking the better, if the options can be narrowed for the aircraft you are using.
Aussie.
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6