Author Topic: GSX not showing menu  (Read 1420 times)

Langers_Mash

GSX not showing menu
« on: October 07, 2019, 08:49:44 pm »
Good evening all,

So yesterday evening I went into P3DV4 and did a flight from EGLL-ESNQ and used GSX absolutely fine, however, that evening it was getting late so I decided to do another flight but use headphones for all sound instead so changed everything to play from headphones, including GSX however, upon doing so, GSX was removed from the top bar (I hope you know where I mean) so I exited out of P3D and went back in it, GSX was back so went in settings and did the same again...same issue. I tried it again but this time disabled GSX and re-enabled it but when I re-enabled, GSX would again disappear.

Now that is one issue i'm having, another being that when I try to go into GSX settings to change anything, I click apply and nothing happens, I click OK and nothing happens, the only button that will work is cancel which is obviosuly no good to me. I must add though that in the settings for GSX it is currently saying I have headphones selected but when trying to bring the menu up, again it just will not show up no matter what I try, I have already checked to see if there is anything else aligned with CTRL+F12/CTRL+SHFT+F12 and there isn't.

Sorry this is a long post but I am so fed up with these issues.

Thanks and kind regards,
Joe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not showing menu
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:24:17 pm »
It's likely what you see has "two issues", are in fact a single problem, which of course shouldn't happen and it doesn't happen here ( I can change to headphones in GSX, and it will restart automatically and working with them ).

The real issue here, seems to be some kind of interference from an external program, that is preventing GSX to write its own preference files, which can be any settings, INCLUDING audio. This is of course not normal, since GSX should *always* be allowed to write in its own folder under %APPDATA%\Virtuali, since your user account should always have full access to it.

The most likely culprit it's an antivirus so, first thing to try is to configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder.

If that doesn't work, try this:

- Restart Windows ( yes, do it )

- Remove this folder

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

BE CAREFUL, this will result in ALL your airport and airplane custom configurations so it would be best if you copy that folder to a safe place

- Reinstall GSX