Author Topic: Pushback Problem again  (Read 2022 times)

nantucket

Pushback Problem again
« on: October 04, 2019, 11:09:31 pm »
As stated in a previous post, pushback does not work correctly. As pushback begins, all is well then the pushback vehicle swings around, my aircraft moves right or left and then the pushback vehicles enters from the side of my aircraft to complete the pushback!! Your help will be greatly appreciated!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Problem again
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 01:37:58 pm »
We are fully aware of a couple of issues left, which were related to some changes we had to do to prevent problems with large airplanes.

The next update will surely fix this, which affects ONLY the automatic pushback in the Left/Right direction, but you can fix it in the meantime, by using the QuickEdit pushback, the first time you go to a parking, and of course it will be saved automatically for all the subsequent times.

nantucket

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 09:12:25 pm »
Thank You!! Looking forward to the next update! :)

peter w

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 01:25:28 pm »
I have this problem with the „dancing“ pushback vehicle even as well if I use the quick edit push. This happens not every time, but from time to time, even though I produce the pushback path very carefully and without any overlapping points. Any idea for solution ?
Regards Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:56:36 am »
I have this problem with the „dancing“ pushback vehicle even as well if I use the quick edit push. This happens not every time, but from time to time, even though I produce the pushback path very carefully and without any overlapping points. Any idea for solution ?

If you still see the tow truck turning around the nosewheel, it can only happen because:

- You DID had overlapping nodes you haven't noticed. Check the whole path, especially under the airplane belly, to be sure the curve is nice and smooth.

OR

- You use a saved QuickEdit pushback with a different airplane compared to the one you are using now. The path simulation is a *true* simulation based on the currently loaded airplane so, if it was solving correctly with a certain airplane, it's not guaranteed it would still work the same with a different airplane. It depends, again, how the scenery is made, and how you placed the Corner point.

OR

- Even if you used the same airplane, you parked in a slightly different position compared to the latest save. For the same reason explained above, it's not guaranteed a saved pushback would always work from every position and with every airplane.

The next update will default to using zero Corner points, which is quicker and easier to understand (but up to 9 can be added), since we know it's not always very intuitive were to place a corner point, but I can assure you that what you see IS what you get: the pushback will perform exactly the same maneuver you saw on the preview path, this is certain, since it's running the same code as a simulation as it were during the actual pushback.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:59:30 am by virtuali »