Author Topic: GSX 2 ALWAYS in Trial mode, please help  (Read 3785 times)

porfirinio

GSX 2 ALWAYS in Trial mode, please help
« on: September 30, 2019, 05:49:44 pm »
Hi everybody,

I have enjoyed GSX level 2 in my WIN 7 old computer for several months, now I have changed my computer, WIN 10 64 bit Professional, I have reinstalled EVERYTHING in my FSX, everything work perfectly, so I have tried to install GSX level 2 and it runs ALWAYS in trial mode despite I find in the Addon Manager it is registered. I have tried almost all I found in the Forum, re-install it, run the FSdreamteam update, run FSX with no administrator rights, exclude all the folders involved from the Windows Defender menĂ¹, but I was not able to have GSX2 working in my system. It's very sad because I really loved it in my old system, now I have
unistalled it and I'm writing here in order to have any feasible suggestion you can provide me.
My system is
OS WIN 10
FSX Acceleration
GEX, REX, UTLive, Active Sky Next, PMDG 737, 777, 747QOTS, all perfectly working
BUT NOT GSX2!!!!

Thanking all of you in advance, I'm waiting for a solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 ALWAYS in Trial mode, please help
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 05:53:19 pm »
If you absolutely sure your antivirus is properly configured, and your firewall is not blocking the download, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

porfirinio

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 10:59:19 pm »
Dear Umberto,
I have tried every suggestion, I'm sure I have downloaded and installed GSX2 with Windows Defender not active, I'm sure I have "Addon Manager" folder in the exclusion of the Defender, I have uninstalled and installed again Visual C++ 2005 SP1, 2013 and the 2015-2019 because I was not able to find the 2015 alone. No results, >I always have GSX2 in trial mode but in tha Addone Manager I read it is registered, so, I perform your last suggestion creating the .log file, I have done this in two ways, just after the sim starting (may be this is stupid but I was not sure to have understood what you mean with "cache") and then another one after I have started a flight and waited for the airport cache loading and the message that I am in trial mode has appeared. You fin attached the log files (renamed to .txt because the .log files upload is not allowed) named couatl_1 (the stupid one) and couatl_2 (i believ the right one). Thank you in advance and please, let me know in which way I'm doing something wrong. All the best. Aldo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 10:14:33 am »
Fact you have a log file, exclude any of the issues in the linked thread, which would be relevant only if the program didn't start. Instead, the program is starting correctly and doesn't show any errors, it just disconnected from the sim for no reason.

This is likely caused by a conflict with another add-on. What other add-on you have under the "Addons" menu ?

porfirinio

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 03:15:30 pm »
Hi, I'm back
Well, here below what appear in my "Addons" menu:

SPAD.next
SODE 1.6.4
AccuFeel Setup
Addon Manager
Vistamare
utLive
couatl settings
couatl live update
GSX

and, I'm planning to re-install VRS FA/18 & Tackpak, aiCarrier so, in the next future also them will be in my menu anyway, in my past computer, these last add-ons works perfectly and have not created any problem to GSX 2.

Have a nice day
Aldo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 03:18:55 pm »
The next troubleshooting step, would be disabling all these addons, then re-enabling them one by one, doing a restart after each try, to see if any of them can be the source of the problem.

Add-ons installed with the add-on.xml method, can be disabled from the Options->Addon Menu, with a restart required after a change.

Legacy add-on installed with the old method, can be temporarily disabled by setting this line:

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

in their own section of either these files:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.XML
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\EXE.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\DLL.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\EXE.XML

You should check ALL 4 files, in order to find all these addons.

porfirinio

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
sorry, probaly I'm not so prepared for this. I serched in the folders Appdata and ProgramData \Microsoft\FSX but I have not found any .XML file. Then when you say "Add-ons installed with the add-on.xml method, can be disabled from the Options->Addon Menu, with a restart required after a change" what is the option\addon menĂ¹ you mean? Please be patient and, if it is possible, try to explain me the procedure to disable the add-ons  in a more detailed way, thanks
Aldo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 07:29:38 pm »
Sorry, I haven't noticed you used FSX. The add-on.xml comment is only valid for P3D4, in FSX the only files you should check are:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML

It's not possible you don't have any of these files in these folders. If you have *both* FSX and FSX:SE installed, you might have these folders instead:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\DLL.XML
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\EXE.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\DLL.XML
%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\EXE.XML

porfirinio

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 05:43:21 pm »
I was wrong in the past post, I have not .xml files in the "ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX" folder while I found DLL.XML and exe.xml files in the "AppData\Microsoft\FSX folder. I have edited both and I have disabiltated, changing the <Disabled>False</Disabled> strings in <Disabled>True</Disabled> all the addons different from <couatl> and <addon manager> so, when I have lunched FSX, in the "addons menu" I found just "Addon manager" "couatl settings", "couatl live update" and "GSX", anyway the problem remains the same, in the addon manager the GSX2 results ACTIVE while starting the flight I received the message in red letters saying it is still in trial mode. I also tried to deactivate it, close and lunch again FSX, activate again with the serial number I have, the activation results sucessful but AGAIN just trial mode despite in the addon mamager I read it is active. I really don't know what I should do. If all the other addons are not active, it seems to me the problem is not connected with other addons interferences. If you have other suggestion, please let me know.
Aldo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 05:47:00 pm »
Maybe you have a permission problem in your user account. Try this:

- Go to Addon Manager\couatl\Couatl.exe and Right-click on it, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure *nothing* there is enabled, then check ONLY the "Run As Administrator"

- Start the sim and try to Deactivate\Reactivate again.

porfirinio

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 08:37:46 am »
Tried this too, no results. I'm planning to uninstall GSX2, finish the installation of all the other addons I own, maybe I will clean the registry and then I will try to install it again following all the suggestions concerning antivirus, users settings and so on.

porfirinio

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 08:51:44 am »
Problem solved! Please, don't ask me in which way, I just unistall everything and installed again starting from GSX, then to GSX2 and now it works.
Thanks for all the suggestions