Author Topic: Issue with estimate passengers number  (Read 2802 times)

krouner

Issue with estimate passengers number
« on: September 21, 2019, 03:41:09 pm »
Hello,

I ran the FSDT update a couple days ago and have an issue with "estimate passengers number". This box is not checked in GSX settings but the program continues to automatically select the passenger count. I read through posts and saw that updating Couatl would allow the option to work. It did for that session and at that airport but if I updated airport, using GSX customize airport, the program would revert to automatically selecting passenger count again. When I open the GSX settings, the box is not checked. This issue is happening at all airports and every time I start P3Dv4.  Am I missing something in the settings to select so it stays at allowing me to choose the passenger count?

KRouner

Beat578

Re: Issue with estimate passengers number
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 07:13:01 am »
Wich airplane do you use? Because sometimes (like the Aerosoft Airbus or FSLabs Airbus) the plane sets the passenger count for you and GSX takes the count that has been set in the FMS of the selected plane.
Beat578

grouner

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:22:59 pm »
I mostly fly PMDG. When I land at any airport the program selects passenger count even though it is not checked in the settings. I am having to go back into settings, check then uncheck estimate paaasenger number, then rebuild couatl.

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 07:21:46 am »
Do you see the green bar, where you can enter the passenger number? Because when you uncheck the "estimate passengers" checkbox, there should be a green bar where you can enter your passenger number. If you don't see it, try that: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21535.0.html
Beat578

grouner

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 10:50:47 am »
No, that bar is not there unless I go through the routine as I explained above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 03:21:18 pm »
I cannot reproduce your problem. The passenger number is always asked if the estimate passenger option is Disabled.

However, if you make a flight and land on an airport, and choose Deboarding, if you already had the passenger number from the previous Boarding, it won't ask you again.

This is the only change from previous versions (in which it always asked), and of course it's an improvement, since it doesn't make much sense to ask if you still have the same number of passenger on landing, unless you would want to simulate something like a passenger who was thrown out/parachuted outside, which would result in a decrease of passengers, or a pregnant lady giving birth in flight, which would result in an increase of passengers...

krouner

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 12:52:21 am »
I loved the humor. Thanks! Still laughing as I write this.

I have never entered a passenger count for the departure. I normally just select push back after I have plane configured. Should I now select the passenger count and and go thru the boarding process in order to have more/less passengers deboarding at arrival? This is something I never had to do until the updates. I was always asked to select the passenger count at the arrival airport once I activated the deboarding.

Is there something I can send you that would show what is going on?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 04:32:10 pm »
I have never entered a passenger count for the departure.

But regardless of that, GSX already calculated some number automatically.

I was always asked to select the passenger count at the arrival airport once I activated the deboarding.

That's exactly what the change is about, the passenger number at Deboarding ( automatic or explicitly set ) will be reused for Deboarding, for the reasons I explained above.

Should I now select the passenger count and and go thru the boarding process in order to have more/less passengers deboarding at arrival?

Yes. Maybe we should make a change, and give you the chance to set the passenger number even with only a pushback on departure.

krouner

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 08:21:11 pm »
Thanks Umberto!