Author Topic: GSX questions / future updates  (Read 1576 times)

Ifikratis

GSX questions / future updates
« on: September 29, 2019, 12:57:04 pm »
Hi,

I am a big fan of GSX Level 2 and I really enjoy using it. Now that there is a competitor in the market, I was thinking of possible updates that would be nice to have:

1) Would it be possible to update the ground crew animation, for example when connecting and disconnecting the towbar? For example, that the hand of the person is actually touching the towbar handle?
    Also, when the big pushback truck is used the ground person seems to be moving something at the side panel of the truck. Is this a bug?

2) Would it be possible to add wing-walkers ?

3) Multi-node pushback would be excellent to have (I have read this is in the works?)

I prefer GSX over the competitor because of the better modeling/texturing/animations so I think if these or more features could be implemneted, GSX would be the superior product except for the people who prefer voice control.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 01:01:43 pm by Ifikratis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX questions / future updates
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 12:35:15 pm »
1) Would it be possible to update the ground crew animation, for example when connecting and disconnecting the towbar? For example, that the hand of the person is actually touching the towbar handle?

Of course it is. Have a look at the new Fuel Hydrant animation, to get an idea where we'll going.

Also, when the big pushback truck is used the ground person seems to be moving something at the side panel of the truck. Is this a bug?

No, just the same animation is used for the towbarless vehicle.

2) Would it be possible to add wing-walkers ?

Of course it will.

[3) Multi-node pushback would be excellent to have (I have read this is in the works?)

Yes, this should be in the next update.

GSX would be the superior product except for the people who prefer voice control.

Nobody said GSX would *never* had voice control...in fact, this was suggested a while ago but, in order to do that, we should first prepare GSX to be remote controlled, which will be useful for home cockpit builders and airplane developers too, which might want to control GSX without opening any menus.

We have been asked for this by several airplane developers so, works on this has already started.

Once GSX can be remotely controlled, adding voice control become almost trivial.

Ifikratis

Re: GSX questions / future updates
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 01:29:36 pm »
Thank you very much Umberto for the very supportive replies. I didn't know that voice control is not out of the question, very exciting!

It is amazing what you have done so far with GSX and I can't wait for the upcoming updates! :D