Author Topic: Couatl error- AssertionError  (Read 2288 times)

paulanders

Couatl error- AssertionError
« on: September 25, 2019, 12:23:37 pm »
Hi

Please can you advise why I am receiving this error and how to resolve.

I'm using Aerosoft ENBR - Bergen and I have edited the stop positions at all the gates so that the Sode jetways line up with the FSlabs A320. So this all work perfectly now at all gates.

However when the pushback  commences and I have been advised to release parking brakes, Couatl crashes.

Below is the error log.

couatl v3.2 (build 4262)
panic log started on Wed Sep 25 11:03:34 2019

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 538, in do
  File ".\common\walker.py", line 257, in walkTo
AssertionError
{'Airport': 'ENBR', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 26', 'User Pos': (60.28892616159744, 5.225415691829051, 54.6615 m, 4.36948 m, 82.99999699656257)}

The log refers to gate 25 but I also tried gate 26 and got the same error.

I guess it is something in my customization, so grateful for your advice on what |I need to do to solve.

Many thanks

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl error- AssertionError
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 04:37:20 pm »
I guess it is something in my customization, so grateful for your advice on what |I need to do to solve.

You probably used the Snap pushback function, and that works in a way that, when you move the airplane around to decide the final pushback position, it will move it following the taxilines, as if it was "on rails" and, after a node, it will re-align the airplane automatically to the direction of the line. This because the Snap mode is always supposed to follow the yellow lines, so the heading cannot be set freely.

Now, if you press the F1 or F4 keys while the airplane is still realigning, it will confuse the editor, which will continue to rotate the airplane over the next object (it's not supposed to do that), and it will save the coordinates of the new object as pushback final coordinates. In your .INI, the custom pushback probably was in the wrong position, resulting in a "impossible" pushback, since there aren't any nodes on the yellow lines there ( Snap always try  to use them).

If you always allow the editor to complete the airplane realignement before touching any keys, it should work properly. We should fix this soon, by ignoring keypresses while the Snap arrows are being drawn.

paulanders

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 08:51:54 pm »
Hi Umberto

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm I didn't use the Snap pushback. All I did was amend the Stop position (as explained in Page 42 of the manual). Then I did a normal push back based on the left or right options given.

To be honest I haven't even tried to use the new pushback options yet as I haven't needed to.

Could it be anything else?

Regards

Paul
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:58:34 pm by paulanders »

paulanders

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 12:15:25 pm »
All sorted, thank you.

Noticed there were pushback co-ordinates saved as you suggested for the 2 gates in question. I removed them and it all works perfectly.

Many thanks

Paul