Author Topic: Latest update pushback issues  (Read 3746 times)

bpcw001

Latest update pushback issues
« on: September 28, 2019, 01:49:04 am »
Hi,

after the latest update (just run), the pushback tug behaves weird when pushing back nose left/right so that at the end of the pushback the aircraft (FSL A320) is positioned in 90 degree angle with respect to its initial parking position.
It all works fine except until short before the end of the pushback procedure, when the tug quickly circles around the aircraft's nose gear, changes direction to the opposite, moves the aircraft a little bit forward, and then circles back in front of the aircraft again.
It appears that the tug cannot make the final stopping position within its pushback arc, hence pushes too far, and then needs to bring the aircraft forward a little again by circling around the nose gear below the fuselage and pushing in forward direction before swirling around to be positioned in front of the nosegear again.

Pushback used to work perfectly without the tug swirling around the nose gear below the fuselage before I updated today. I do not have the pushback customized.

I have GSX Level 2 on P3D v4.4

Any advice?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:17:07 am by bpcw001 »

bpcw001

Re: Latest update pushback issues
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 07:17:33 am »
No changes with latest update. Pushback tug still circling around nose gear below aircraft fuselage.

Happens on any airport.

What‘s up with this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:49:15 am »
The pushback has been improved to fix issues with large airplanes doing too large paths, but this ( depending on the parking ), might have an effect on smaller airplanes. But again, it's totally depending on the scenery AFCAD, how it's made, some designers like to put more nodes than necessary, and this cause problems to the automatic pushback.

Which is why, GSX now has the QuickEdit pushback, which allows you to create a path that is not hampered or constrained by the underlying AFCAD, and with the path preview, you can be sure that, if it looks good there, it will pushback perfectly. And it will be saved automatically for the next time.

pete_fuss

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 09:52:20 am »
Hello,
yesterday evening i run the updater and this morning i test it again.
Sometimes, for example in EDDM no problem but after a flight to EDDN the same issue with the cyrcling PB Truck!
What can be the problem for this issue

regards Peter

pete_fuss

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:31:45 am »
Hello Umperto,

can i only make one quickpushback direction or position?

regards Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 01:44:58 pm »
Sometimes, for example in EDDM no problem but after a flight to EDDN the same issue with the cyrcling PB Truck!

As I've already explained, the scenery AFCAD affects this and, of course, also your airplane position when you start the pushback. It's simply impossible to have the automatic pushback working everywhere, regardless of the scenery. That's why we have a QuickEdit pushback that doesn't use the AFCAD anymore.

Yes, in the current version, you can have one saved quick pushback position for each gate. We'll release an update soon, which will allow you to both copy a saved position to one of the two default Left/Right slots, or to create an unlimited number of custom pushbacks for each gate, which can be named and will appear in the menu as additional choices.

bpcw001

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 08:18:03 pm »
So ... pushback used to work fine out of the box, until there were optimizations for big airplanes.
Same with the parking system readout, that was put higher for the bigger airplanes, creating problems for those flying A320/B737 and smaller aircraft.

Thus, you are basically telling us that everyone with a „smaller“ airplane now needs to customize their pushback at every stand we want to use in order to get it right?

I am not sure what to say. Seems like the big iron group has quite a lobby here.

But OK ... will customize. At least there is a solution to it. On the plus side, I can have the pushback put the aircraft precisely on the taxi line :-)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:50:51 pm by bpcw001 »

pete_fuss

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 11:18:51 am »

As I've already explained, the scenery AFCAD affects this and, of course, also your airplane position when you start the pushback. It's simply impossible to have the automatic pushback working everywhere, regardless of the scenery. That's why we have a QuickEdit pushback that doesn't use the AFCAD anymore.

Yes, in the current version, you can have one saved quick pushback position for each gate. We'll release an update soon, which will allow you to both copy a saved position to one of the two default Left/Right slots, or to create an unlimited number of custom pushbacks for each gate, which can be named and will appear in the menu as additional choices.

Hello Umberto,

that sounds good!
Thanks for your answere

regards Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 01:09:22 pm »
So ... pushback used to work fine out of the box, until there were optimizations for big airplanes.
Same with the parking system readout, that was put higher for the bigger airplanes, creating problems for those flying A320/B737 and smaller aircraft.

Thus, you are basically telling us that everyone with a „smaller“ airplane now needs to customize their pushback at every stand we want to use in order to get it right?

You forgot the most important part of my sentence, which was "depending on the scenery". Smaller airplanes works perfectly fine in most airports, especially defaults in which the AFCAD nodes are usually spaced apart quite well, so GSX won't have any doubts about which one to choose.

However, some scenery designers are fixated in doing paths with too many points very close together, hoping to have more "control" over AI paths, even if this is mostly useless, since the simulator own ground handling engine for AI will smooth curves on its own depending on the AI ground handling specs anyway so, they won't usually obtain much by placing so many nodes close together, but this makes GSX work of choosing the right exit node more difficult, since most of the code of the GSX pushback is there only to throw away mistakes or silly methods found in some airports.

And, sometimes they are just not precise enough: it's very common to see problems like parking spots in the AFCAD not aligned with the actual lines in the scenery, and misaligned AFCAD paths as well, which are obvious if you just open the GSX customization editor, and compare how the default parking position is very often misaligned, that's why GSX also offers the ability to fix that.

That's why we added the Custom "Free" pushback in the editor first, and now as a very easy to use QuickEdit mode with autosaving: because it's simply impossible to have an automatic system that would always work, with every airplane, on every AFCAD, regardless how badly it was made.

With the next update, the QuickEdit will be even easier, since it will default with using NO corner node ( but up to 9 can be added ), so you'll only have to specify the airplane final position/heading, which will usually work most of the time for the standard parking types, and you'll have to do it only once, it will be autosaved, and you'll be given the ability to decide to save it either in one of the two default Left/Right slots, or create an entirely new slots (an unlimited number of them, for each parking), so you'll never want to use the automatic method anymore.

bpcw001

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 08:58:09 am »
@virtuali

I do get your point, I understand your explanation and it all makes sense to me.

I was just a little concerned that GSX might drift towards preferential support for big airplanes, with those flying A320/B737 and below getting more trouble.

Anyway thanks for your explanations.