Author Topic: Leonardo Maddog x integration  (Read 2614 times)

ha5mvo

Leonardo Maddog x integration
« on: October 02, 2019, 07:07:35 pm »
Hi ,
I have an issue with the refueling as performed by gsx2 with LSH Maddog x.
First, the fuel truck upon request arrives and just sits there next to the wing. I understand that the DC-9, being a low wing aircraft poses a challenge with the animation but its not the only aircraft of that kind so maybe some solution can be devised.

Secondly, and more importantly, it doesn't fill the tanks. It only constantly asks to "use the aircrafts refuel system" without actually doing anything about it. To my understanding this process should be carried out automatically.
The refuel data is loaded using the maddogs load manager via simbrief ofp generated file and is loaded correctly judging by the figures that show up in the maddogs native refueling panel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Leonardo Maddog x integration
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 07:23:58 pm »
Yes, we'll have to do a new kind of animation for the Fuel Hydrant, for airplanes with a lower wing.

Secondly, and more importantly, it doesn't fill the tanks.

If an airplane is flagged as using a custom fuel system, and the Maddog X surely is, GSX is *NOT* supposed to fill its tanks. The airplane is supposed to fill itself as it always were, and GSX is just waiting for that to happen, by monitoring changes in the fuel load, which can be either immediate or progressive, depending what the airplane is doing.

So, as explained on the GSX manual in the chapter that discusses refueling using an airplane flagged as having a custom fuel system, you must be sure you use whatever system the airplane has in place to set the fuel, AFTER you see the "use the aircrafts refuel system" message from GSX. That message indicates GSX is waiting for the fuel quantity to change, to consider refueling done.

This is the general rule. However, since the Maddog X has several GSX integration features coded, it would be best if you asked Leonardo some clarification about the specifics, since they might have a specific procedure to follow with GSX.