Author Topic: Flightbeam NZWN - Quickedit pushback gate 29  (Read 2387 times)

brucewtb

Flightbeam NZWN - Quickedit pushback gate 29
« on: September 24, 2019, 02:47:25 am »
No matter how I attempt this pushback using the quick edit method the tow truck does a little 360 deg dance at the start moving the aircraft (PMDG NGX) backwards, sidewards and forwards colliding with baggage carts etc in the process. Now this is a tight spot with with a number of obstacles that need to be avoided in particular a brick wall which limits how far the first part of the pushback can go before a turn is needed but I would have though not that unusual.  Quite keen to get this right as it is something I experience on a very regular basis in real life when flying out of NZWN.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Bruceb

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Flightbeam NZWN - Quickedit pushback gate 29
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 04:08:52 am »
Screenshot of the pushback location you try to use when you run quick edit would help.
Captain Kevin

brucewtb

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 03:55:27 am »
Here you go>

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 10:24:09 am »
Okay, I see what it is you're wanting to do. I'm not sure if the quick pushback has the capability of doing what it is you're trying to do. Do keep in mind that at the present time, if you were to customize a pushback position in free mode, you only have one curve that you can work with right now, so I don't know if this may be a limitation of the pushback system at the present time. They do eventually plan to add multiple curves to make pushbacks like this and others more doable.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 05:25:59 pm »
No matter how I attempt this pushback using the quick edit method the tow truck does a little 360 deg dance at the start

To prevent this, check the points under the airplane belly, if you see them overlapping and not making a clean curve, it will result in a 360 turn so, you'll have to adjust your corner node. See the first screenshot to see how the line should look like.

I don't have that scenery, so I tried at the default NZWN, and I came up with (2nd screenshot) what seems to be fairly close to what you are trying to do.

brucewtb

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 06:29:05 am »
Thanks but that path will have aircraft left wing colliding with a brick wall.  I don't think this wall is in the default scenery but it is there in real life and in the FB version.  This why I tried to customise the pushback in the first place I needed a tighter initial turn to avoid the wall.  To put things in perspective I can get a pushback that closely mirrors reality except for that little 360 deg dance by the tow truck at the start.

Bruceb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »
Thanks but that path will have aircraft left wing colliding with a brick wall.

Then move the final point and/or the corner to have the curve being a bit higher, so you won't hit the wall. Also, please run the Live Update now, because we released an update yesterday which should improve the curve in the editor, even with just one corner point.

Next update we'll add multiple corners points, so you'll should be able to create any kind of curve.