Author Topic: Taxiway lighting at night  (Read 7367 times)

philipe

Taxiway lighting at night
« on: February 18, 2009, 03:51:02 pm »
I have just purchased Zurich for FSX and scenery is great during the day.  However, at night I do not see any taxiway lighting (got runway lighting though) so cannot find way around airport very easily at night.  Running FSX in DX10 preview mode.  Please note in fsdreamteam demo for KJFK I do see taxiway lights so I don't think related to DX10 mode. Can anyone help?
Thanks

highflyer

Re: Taxiway lighting at night
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:21:13 pm »
I have the same Problem with Zurich, Chicago and Las Vegas.  Also running in DirectX10 mode...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:50:01 pm »
Please note in fsdreamteam demo for KJFK I do see taxiway lights so I don't think related to DX10 mode.

That's exactly the opposite: it IS related to DX10 mode. If you check product web pages, the only scenery listed as compatible with DX10 it's JFK which, because of this, was criticized by many to be not as sharp as the previous ones (LSZH and KORD) so, we returned to a non-DX10 compatible design method for subsequent sceneries, because nobody seemed to prefer DX10 compatibility over texture sharpness. That's why JFK is the only one that works with DX10.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:52:19 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:37:03 pm »
... so, we returned to a non-DX10 compatible design method for subsequent sceneries, because nobody seemed to prefer DX10 compatibility over texture sharpness. That's why JFK is the only one that works with DX10.
Personally, I'd prefer both ... but, I ONLY stopped using DX10 because I couldn't get all the scenery developer to all agree and support DX10 Preview Mode fully.  However, I've learn't to live without the added performance boost I was getting in lieu of that irritating texture flickering and odd "Bluish" FSX Logo'ed textures that use to pop-up on occasion.

Gripe over!  ;D
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

lillerep

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:46:57 pm »
Very strange I use dx10 preview as well and I have no green taxiway lighting in lszh and kord, but in klff and lsgg they work great.. ???