Author Topic: Addon manager issues with gsx 2  (Read 1927 times)

jdenn4

Addon manager issues with gsx 2
« on: September 22, 2019, 09:13:00 am »
Ok so I installed gsx 2, which knocked out my quality wings 757, and all my flightbeam sceneries, I re installed flightbeam kden which brought back the addon manager, except now I basically have two add on managers and do not get the gsx2 options. Seems I can have one but not the other.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Addon manager issues with gsx 2
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 04:54:53 pm »
You posted in another thread, and I responded there. You seem to have added the Flightbeam scenery issue without having acknowledged my response to the issue with the QualityWings 757. Need to update both the QualityWings 757 and all of your Flightbeam scenery since none of them use the Add-on Manager with their latest updates. Flightbeam now uses their own scenery manager, and the QualityWings 757 now uses the Flight 1 installer. Instructions on how to update the Flightbeam scenery can be found on their forum. Instructions on how to update the QualityWings 757 can be found in the other thread you posted this in that I responded to.
Captain Kevin

jdenn4

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 07:00:39 pm »
Wow what a pain in the neck lol get an expansion on one program leads to update and issues with 6 others.  The downside for me is I dont have wifi I run every thing off a hotspot

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 07:31:55 pm »
You'd have to take that up with QualityWings and Flightbeam. They were the ones who made the decision to move away from the Add-on Manager. FSDreamteam can't control what they decide to do. They decided they don't want to use the Add-on Manager, so it gets taken off.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 12:59:57 am »
I re installed flightbeam kden which brought back the addon manager

That's because you used an old installer from Flightbeam. You must use the latest ones, both from Flightbeam and Qualitywings, and then reinstall GSX, which will clean up every possible double copy installed by legacy installers.