Author Topic: Curious effect while unload baggage  (Read 1770 times)

claude101141

Curious effect while unload baggage
« on: September 22, 2019, 01:52:04 pm »
Good morning,
the attached picture is taken while deboarding on Baltimore airport (KBWI).
When the baggage container comes out of the hold it is transparent! As soon as it reaches the lower platform it becomes normally opaque!
I use FSX under Windows 10 professional. Graphic card is Sus 7950DirectCUIITOP. 16GB memory. Processor Intel 2.8GZ 4 cores.
The aircraft is a DC 10-10 V2 by Eric Cantu updated version of April 2019.

What could be the reason of this problem?
Thanks
Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Curious effect while unload baggage
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:21 am »
Which version of FSX you use ? Do you have any 3rd party camera add-ons installed ?

claude101141

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 08:19:19 am »
Which version of FSX you use ? Do you have any 3rd party camera add-ons installed ?

Fsx with acceleretion pack golden edition (in french professional edition)
no camera add-ons

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 09:24:55 am »
I'm sorry but, nobody ever reported this before, it's might possibly be a problem of video memory corruption so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

claude101141

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 11:05:29 am »
Hi Umberto,
I just tried simply changing the tweak to 1 and it worked without renewing fsx.cfg. I suppose it is a memory problem as you suggested. Remains to me reposition stairs and containers in the hold to match the DC 10 measures. I'll do that later, I have to read carefully your manual before not to make a mess of it!

Thx
regards
Claude