Author Topic: Baggage handling wav played too soon.  (Read 3329 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Baggage handling wav played too soon.
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:43:15 pm »
Hi Umberto,

When I park at my destination airport and request Deboarding I'm hearing "Baggage handling is complete...." played. But the baggage vehicles haven't arrived at the aircraft yet. This wav appears to be playing too soon.

Another issue is with pushback. I had to terminate it as the runways had changed and I would be pointing in the wrong direction. So I chose Abort Pushback. The only problem was no matter how much power I applied the aircraft would not budge even though the wheels were spinning. It was only after I restarted Couatl it cleared the problem.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage handling wav played too soon.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:20:06 pm »
When I park at my destination airport and request Deboarding I'm hearing "Baggage handling is complete...." played. But the baggage vehicles haven't arrived at the aircraft yet. This wav appears to be playing too soon.

With "when I parking at my destination", do you mean this issue happens ONLY after landing on an airport, meaning it doesn't when you start a new session ? Or it always happen ?

Another issue is with pushback. I had to terminate it as the runways had changed and I would be pointing in the wrong direction. So I chose Abort Pushback. The only problem was no matter how much power I applied the aircraft would not budge even though the wheels were spinning. It was only after I restarted Couatl it cleared the problem.

Do you recall exactly when you Aborted ?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 06:56:47 pm »

With "when I parking at my destination", do you mean this issue happens ONLY after landing on an airport, meaning it doesn't when you start a new session ? Or it always happen ?

No, I also hear it at the departure airport after boarding is completed. Is it possible something is stuck in memory?

Do you recall exactly when you Aborted ?

The aircraft had pushed back around 50-80 meters. The options were to abort or complete pushback here. I chose Abort.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Rustydog

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 09:18:51 pm »
Hi Ray,
I'm guessing you have installed the additional voicepack download.
The baggage handling complete replaces the seat belt wav.
If you look in the GSX sound folder near the bottom of the list below aircraft boarding sounds etc. you will find the seat belt wav. play that and it will play the baggage handling complete sound if I'm correct.
Hence on arrival it is played when the seat belt wav is called. ie immediately.
Regards Steve
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 09:31:17 pm »
Hi Ray,
I'm guessing you have installed the additional voicepack download.
The baggage handling complete replaces the seat belt wav.
If you look in the GSX sound folder near the bottom of the list below aircraft boarding sounds etc. you will find the seat belt wav. play that and it will play the baggage handling complete sound if I'm correct.
Hence on arrival it is played when the seat belt wav is called. ie immediately.
Regards Steve

Hi Steve, yes I have but I’m still confused. I expected the words in each wav to be the same as the originals hence why I didn’t mention it to Umberto. As it is being played too soon is there a more appropriate sound that can be played? And what wav is played when the aircraft has been emptied? Are you the author of that package?
Cheers,
Ray.

Rustydog

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 09:41:50 pm »
No I'm not the author but fell for the same trick. It plays at correct time on departure because that's when the seat belt wav is called. After boarding etc is complete. But on arrival the seat belt wav is called on arrival at gate so the baggage handling is heard before unboarding etc
The same file is played at both ends of the flight. Hope this clarifies it for you. Took me ages to track down the problem.
Steve
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 09:55:39 pm »
Hi Steve. I wonder what the original seatbelt.wav played? Umberto, why would the same sound be played in different scenarios? Maybe that is a bug and a different sound should be played when requesting deboarding.
Cheers,
Ray.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 10:57:41 pm »
I'm sorry, but GSX surely plays the original seatbelt sound correct. If a replacement soundset modified it in a way that it won't be correct in every context, there's not much we can or should do.

So, before doing anything else, confirm the original sounds works fine.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 11:24:04 pm »
Hi Umberto. I was prompted to run an update today which I declined as it meant shutting down P3D. When I run it the original waves will be reinstated. I’ll do it tomorrow and check what is heard when the seatbelt.wav is played.

What about my other problem of the aircraft failing to move after pushback is aborted?
Cheers,
Ray.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 11:03:39 am »
I've just run the FSDT Update which restores the original wavs. Seat belt.wav plays a ding sound comparable to the sound you hear in the pax cabin when the seat belt sign goes on or off.

The replacement sound set for English Jetway plays "Baggage handling is complete and the aircraft is complete sir". So this is not a problem that is caused by GSX. Whlst the new files are apreciated that wav is not appropriate for that segment of the scenario. I'll write to the author and point this out to them.
Cheers,
Ray.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 12:30:47 pm »
I've heard back from Nick and he explains GSX plays the same wav when loading is complete at the start of the flight and critically at the end of the flight when deboarding is requested.

The sound seat belt.wav is just a ding so is innocuous. But he's created a better sound for boarding completed but this is not suitable for deboarding.

Umberto, can you change GSX so two different wavs can be played please? Seat belt.wav could be changed to baggage complete.wav. It's fine when played for boarding but needs GSX changing to play it when baggage handling is complete at the end of a flight rather than when deboarding is requested.
Cheers,
Ray.

Meyomyx

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 09:38:11 am »
Yes - this issue would only occur if you are using GSS. To clarify, I replaced the original soft "ding" with "Baggage Handling Complete" audio. At one time, the audio was seldom triggered at the start of the unloading process (for some reason) ... but would always play at the end. Thus the replacement sound worked quite well! Now the sound is always played at the beginning and end of the process and thus, it will give you one unwanted announcement at the start of the unloading process plus the correct one at the end.

I've described the issue in the Read Me file of GSS. For this very reason, there is an option to turn off this audio so you can either have it enabled but with the spurious announcement OR turn off the announcement. If Umberto was to split the triggers at some point in the future, there could be separate announcements. There is great scope for extending the audio trigger points from within GSX - future enhancement maybe?!

Nick