Author Topic: Can't set L2 as the primary door  (Read 5449 times)

VHEBN

Can't set L2 as the primary door
« on: September 17, 2019, 05:50:29 am »
Hi Umberto,

I can't set door L2 as the primary door. When I set this in the aircraft editor and press save, it doesn't save. Any other setting saves. When setting multiple settings including changing the primary door, only the change to the primary door doesn't save. This happens in all aircraft with 2 boarding doors other then PMDG 777-200LR.

This issue still persists and has been reported twice before this, once in April last year http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17613.0.html and again in June this year http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20997.0.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:55:02 am by VHEBN »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't set L2 as the primary door
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:14:25 am »
I tried on the default 747 from FSX, and changing the preferred Exit in the aircraft configuration editor results in the airplane GSX.CFG file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder to change the preferredexit = xx parameter, as expected.

This happens in all aircraft with 2 boarding doors other then PMDG 777-200LR.

Were these non-working planes already supported in GSX, or you made a configuration from scratch ?

VHEBN

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:30:31 am »
Hi, I honestly can't remember what is an isn't supported by GSX but I've tried with most common payware aircraft including:
 - PMDG 747 QOTS II
 - iFly Jets 747-400
 - Captain Sim 757 FSX
 - Captain Sim 757 Captain III
 - Blackbox A330
 - Blackbox A340
 - QualityWings 787
 - Project Airbus A380

Every time I install a new aircraft I reliable encounter the same error. If it would help you I can create a video of the issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 11:20:33 am »
Every time I install a new aircraft I reliable encounter the same error. If it would help you I can create a video of the issue

I made a video for you, showing saving the preferred exit works, with the PMDG 747, both in the same session with the same airplane, and also after switching to a default airplane and back to the 747

The only possible reason why it doesn't work on your system, is some kind of external interference from another software ( antivirus, possibly ), which is preventing to write in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes, a folder that should always be writable, since it's in your own account.

VHEBN

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:42:19 am »
Hi, my apologies as I forgot an important detail. The setting is lost on restart of couatl and as an extension of that, restart of P3D 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 11:54:02 am »
Hi, my apologies as I forgot an important detail. The setting is lost on restart of couatl and as an extension of that, restart of P3D  

That's precisely why I switched airplanes in my video, to show the setting is saved after a Couatl restart, because that's what happens automatically when an airplane is switched. You know Couatl is restarted, because of the message saying "Airport cache loaded successfully".

ianj844

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 05:00:25 pm »
I too experience this issue with the QualityWings 787.

ua991

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 04:00:46 am »
I have been having this issue but only with the QualityWings 787-9. I haven't tried others as they are OK for my purposes in their default arrangement.

In the forum posts at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17613.0.html, it is mentioned that if the exits are more than 10m apart then it is assumed to be an error (so the aircraft doesn't end up in the terminal, fair enough....) The 787-9 exits are around 12m apart. When the QualityWings 787-10 arrives, those exits will be around 15m apart. Perhaps the limit should be 20m and that may fix some of these issues. Or remove the limit and if someone really wants the cockpit in the terminal, there are now lots of terminal interior scenery to keep the pilots happy...!! McDonalds at KORD anyone?

Regards,

Darryl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 07:53:30 am »
In the forum posts at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17613.0.html, it is mentioned that if the exits are more than 10m apart then it is assumed to be an error (so the aircraft doesn't end up in the terminal, fair enough....) The 787-9 exits are around 12m apart. When the QualityWings 787-10 arrives, those exits will be around 15m apart. Perhaps the limit should be 20m and that may fix some of these issues. Or remove the limit and if someone really wants the cockpit in the terminal, there are now lots of terminal interior scenery to keep the pilots happy...!! McDonalds at KORD anyone?

Yes, that might be the case, we'll check this.

ianj844

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 04:58:41 pm »

Yes, that might be the case, we'll check this.

Any news on when we may see an update to fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 05:01:21 pm »
Any news on when we may see an update to fix this?

Should work in today's update.

ianj844

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 07:15:10 pm »
After updating I am still unable to set Door 2L at the preferred exit in the QualityWings 787

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 07:20:02 pm »
After updating I am still unable to set Door 2L at the preferred exit in the QualityWings 787

Tested it now, and it works just fine.

ianj844

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 07:21:42 pm »
Would there be some sort of log somewhere for me that might say why it always defaults back to 1L even after I save the change of putting it to 2L?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 07:22:32 pm »
Would there be some sort of log somewhere for me that might say why it always defaults back to 1L even after I save the change of putting it to 2L?

The Couatl.log produced if logging is enabled in the Troubleshooting page.