Author Topic: Overshoot when using the GSX default pushback  (Read 1903 times)

Volleyball

Overshoot when using the GSX default pushback
« on: September 17, 2019, 05:55:35 pm »
Thanks for the great product.

After today's update, I tried the default Nose Right | Tail Left or Nose Left | Tail Right  pushback. In both conditions, the GSX started the turn too late so my aircraft was pushed onto the grass then the tow truck made a more then 90 degrees turn to get me back to taxiway centerline, with or without setting the custom pushback positions when the "Snap to AFCAD" option selected. I really hope you can fix this problem started from you made the quick edit pushback.

Thanks in advanced.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Overshoot when using the GSX default pushback
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 06:05:50 pm »
Thanks for the great product.I really hope you can fix this problem started from you made the quick edit pushback.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with the Quick Pushback or the today's update, and it's a result of a change made several weeks ago, to fix lots of other problems users reported of the pushback truck making a 180 around the nosegear, on some airports with some airplanes. This has the side effect of enlarging the curve radius in other airports/airplanes.

That's the whole point of having the quick pushback to begin with: so you don't have to rely on an automatic system, which will never work in all sceneries out there, most of them with plenty of errors so, you should try that, and keep in mind the latest Quick pushback used is automatically saved and can be recalled without entering the quick edit mode again. The main advantage of the new custom pushback, is that you are no longer limited by issues/bugs/quirks in the underlying AFCAD.

In any case, it would be useful if you could make an example, possibly using a default airplane with a default scenery or an FSDT scenery, of an automatic Left/Right pushback that worked best before, since we might tweak the automatic system again.

Volleyball

Re: Overshoot when using the GSX default pushback
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 04:18:58 pm »
I saw the other post that is reporting the same issue and seems it's fixed now. Thank you!