Author Topic: Quick edit push FSX  (Read 3282 times)

peter w

Quick edit push FSX
« on: September 10, 2019, 01:54:33 pm »
Hi, whenever i choose the quick edit push option and set the icon to the final position, my aircraft is getting pushed allover the apron and does not follow the taxi lines to the chosen position. in contrast when i choose the gsx given pushback option, the aircraft is getting pushed by following the taxilines. what is going wrong?
thank you and regards, peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quick edit push FSX
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:17:54 pm »
The Quick pushback is never supposed to follow lines, unless you instruct it to do that, which is the reason of existence of the intermediate Corner node, that can control the actual shape of the path, te principles behind it are the same as the standard "Custom Pushback in Free Mode", explained in the manual starting at Page 48.

peter w

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:55:10 pm »
Thank you, i had misunderstood this.
But when i used the snap afcad mode and try to edit for example the position e60 at SFO, i noticed another thing i don't understand. When I try to set the plane to my desired pushback position and aim the plane in my desired direction, gsx, against my will, tells me that the plane is turning in the final direction, then the plane turns on its own and i cannot move it further and align as I would like it to.
regards Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:08:24 pm »
But when i used the snap afcad mode and try to edit for example the position e60 at SFO, i noticed another thing i don't understand. When I try to set the plane to my desired pushback position and aim the plane in my desired direction, gsx, against my will, tells me that the plane is turning in the final direction, then the plane turns on its own and i cannot move it further and align as I would like it to.

Snap mode is not acting "against your will".

It's acting correctly because, opposite to Free mode (that's the main difference), it's designed to always follow taxilines, while Free mode can go anywhere. So, when you let go of the arrow keys, it will always align the airplane to the taxiline, but you will still able to move it back/forward along that line. You just cannot freely set the heading, because the heading IS constrained by the taxiline.