Author Topic: GSX Menu not appearing  (Read 1943 times)

Randy87

GSX Menu not appearing
« on: September 09, 2019, 12:23:45 pm »
Hi guys,

I know there have been other topics of similar nature, but I have tried all solutions in those to no avail.

I am using P3D V4.5, on a fresh install. There is one issue that I wonder might be causing this but I need someone to confirm it and tell me how to fix it.

I use Bitdefender 2019, and unfortunately it seems I cannot exclude the Documents folder from being scanned, which is where the temp installer is placed. And each time I run the setup I get an error due to the setup file being blocked in the Documents folder.

I can temporarily grant an exception and retry the download, and it works and installs completely. However when launching the sim the GSX menu is not visible in the Addons menu.

The files all appear to be there. And I also have my P3D addons folders excepted in Bitdefender.

Really stuck now I have tried multiple times. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not appearing
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 12:29:41 pm »
The files all appear to be there. And I also have my P3D addons folders excepted in Bitdefender.

Be sure the Addon Manager folder is excluded from scanning.

Randy87

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 07:21:19 am »

Be sure the Addon Manager folder is excluded from scanning.

Yes the Addon Manager folder is also excluded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 06:22:12 pm »
If you absolutely sure your antivirus is properly configured, and your firewall is not blocking the download, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656