Author Topic: error installing gsx 2.7  (Read 3596 times)

nerd1146

error installing gsx 2.7
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:42:10 am »

c09RKC

Re: error installing gsx 2.7
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 05:00:38 am »
I'm seeing the same. I tried IGNORE once, the next 2 files did the same. Abort. I've DL'd the .exe a few times, same results.

Doug

Markoz

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 06:30:46 am »
Same for me too :(

Note. I tried installing with Windows Defender OFF, and my Antivirus software OFF, and running the installer using "Run as administrator".
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 06:43:45 am by Markoz »

Patrick1246

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 08:29:41 am »
same here, would recommend to test the installer before releasing a new update...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:32:50 am by Patrick1246 »

smiley

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:06:24 am »
Same here, cannot install without errors.

eke2000

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 09:10:58 am »
same here - error when installing textures to  FSDT_Passenger_Shuttle_Body_ALBEDO
and next error FSDT Pushback textures and i now aborted installer
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:35:36 am by eke2000 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 10:14:11 am »
Please stop saying we should "test" the installer, it obviously works.

As explained many times, each time there's an update, it might take a while for all nodes in the Cloudflare network to get the updated files and, since the installer is split in some pieces, if your local Cloudflare network still hasn't got the new files, it will result in a file corrupted message. It might take from a few minutes to several hours before all nodes get all the latest files.

Just try again later, and it will work.

alexdiederich

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 10:52:13 am »
Please stop saying we should "test" the installer, it obviously works.

But like, you must understand why people are complaining about this? It doesn't happen with any other programs, and we might spend up to an hour or two self-diagnosing, uninstalling and reinstalling, messing around with P3D, redownloading, assuming it's something wrong on our end before we head to the forums, dig around, and stumble across this thread. Why are people able to download this program if they're not warned about the possibility of a corrupt download, so then we know how to troubleshoot it? It's clearly not an isolated issue. I'm not gonna pretend I understand all of the technicalities behind it, but why was this download made available to the public, if it is known (as you stated) that a significant portion of users would run in to this issue?

c09RKC

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 04:45:43 pm »
Probably unrelated but now I can't get P3D to load. From the point of installing KORD v2 where all worked fine, to the point of where I am now is try to install GSX L2 error which I explained earlier. As you said, I'll re-download after a bit and try again.

The P3D error says:

"Could not find scenery FSDT's local scenery directory C:\Program Files (86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\Exclude\SCENERY". Would you like to unload this area?"

I looked, sure enough \SCENERY's not there. I've tried both YES and NO, makes do difference. I'm not sure what to try next.

Doug

c09RKC

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 04:48:44 pm »
I was going to try re-installing the Addon Manager but the web-site only shows one for "FS9 Version here".

Doug

c09RKC

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 05:19:57 pm »
As suggested, I put all this down overnight and tried again this morning. The GSX L2 download successfully and installed as advertised.

This fixed my P3D issue of not loading too.

Tkx all!
Doug

Markoz

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 12:12:41 pm »
As explained many times, each time there's an update, it might take a while for all nodes in the Cloudflare network to get the updated files and, since the installer is split in some pieces, if your local Cloudflare network still hasn't got the new files, it will result in a file corrupted message. It might take from a few minutes to several hours before all nodes get all the latest files.

Just try again later, and it will work.
Seeing as this is the first time I've seen this explanation, I had no idea that it worked that way. Anyway, it installed like a charm 24 hours later, so now I know, and all is well.