Author Topic: GSX ULD and pallet Question  (Read 4960 times)

swaluver88

GSX ULD and pallet Question
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:33 pm »
Hello,

I am a ramp agent over at Phoenix Sky harbor, What we use to load the 747s that fly in here are PAGs, and LD3s. One as i was customizing my aircraft with the Customize aircraft tool within gsx, i see 7 different variants of pallets, and no LD3 options.

My first question is what pallet is which (ex. PAG, PMC, etc.)
My 2nd question is LD3s are very commonly use so those would be added nicely.
My 3rd question off topic, when are you going to put a Belt loader for the bulk on the wide body aircraft?

thats all for now,
thank you
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:14:11 pm by swaluver88 »
swavirtual.com member. Pilot id: SWA5931

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX ULD and pallet Question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 11:46:42 am »
One as i was customizing my aircraft with the Customize aircraft tool within gsx, i see 7 different variants of pallets, and no LD3 options.

I don't know what 747 you are referring to but, all 747 that come pre-configured with GSX, have set their ULD preference to the correct one for the plane which, according to several source, from Wikipedia to Boeing, it's LD1 for the lower cargo hold, and one kind of Pallet for the main cargo hold.

LD1 is just another name for AKC, and AKC is what you'll find in GSX, which uses the IATA naming standard. The GSX manual has a list with pictures indicating both naming conventions at Page 44.

My 2nd question is LD3s are very commonly use so those would be added nicely.

That would be AKE in GSX, which is just another name for LD3 which, as far as I know, is more commonly used on 767 and it's an option on 747 so, in order to give some variety, we decided to give AKC/LD1 to the 747s and AKE/LD3 to the 767s.

But of course, you can change the default AKC (LD1) to AKE (LD3)

My 3rd question off topic, when are you going to put a Belt loader for the bulk on the wide body aircraft?

GSX only supports to loaders in total, but this might change with future versions.

mahaii

Re: GSX ULD and pallet Question
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 11:45:24 am »
....forgive me, but I want to grub out this topic on more time:

A )    After a long research in the internet, the GSX manual etc, I found no explanation of the identifiers

PALLET1,PALLET2,PALLET3,PALLET4,PALLET5,PALLET6,PALLET7

I want to assign them to some pax variants (747/777 etc doesnt matter) so I would like to know the displayed pallet hights.   Any reference for that available?

B)     In GSX Manual there is  ULD code AMP classified as  243cm tall Main Deck container.   In real life it's not. What you mean is  AMA . AMP is lowerdeck sized "cubed" container.
Would like to see AMF in further versions as well. Same as AMP but with "wings" on the short sides.

EDIT:  I tried the last 1,5hrs using the GSX.configs, reloading aircraft again etc....  - seems to me that all pallets are lowerdeck hight. But It's not possible for lowerdeck because the pallet width is not displayed correctly.  I think the root cause  is the pallet BASE ,  it should be the same as the AMP's container base.

AMP    DOES   fit into the lowerdeck, it's displayed as 64in/163cm tall p-contoured container ('cubed'),    so just the documentation/manual reflects incorrect data.

C)    Wikipedia is no good reference for evaluating Container / Pallet&Contour Types for specific aircraft.    If you need my expertise kindly let me know.  Im a real-life loadmaster i.a. licensed for 747-400(ER)F and-8F, working for an airline operating these types and  have to deal with that every day.   Would be great to have "as-real-as-it-gets" options for i.a. for all specific freighter aircraft types as they become very common nowadays in the SIM's world :)

I would be glad to be given the opportunity to improve this great product in reference to correct/real ULD depictions.

Cheers
 8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:05:12 pm by mahaii »