Author Topic: Still getting outdated GSX Add-on message and outdated BGLMANX.DLL in FSX  (Read 2640 times)

cortina

Hello Folks;

I didn't use my QW 757 for a long time and decided to use it 2 days ago. However, when I tried to use it, it crashed FSX so i reinstalled QW 757 and then got the massage stating I need to update my Add-on Manager and then it opened the FSDT website and of course there is so longer an Add-on manager for FSX just FS9.

-As suggested i installed the latest version of FSDT Live Update which installed successfully.
 -I then went to QW website and downloaded the latest version of their 757 which they are now doing via Flight1, I do have their latest and greatest 1.4.2
 -Ran FSX and then got a message stating that I should update to the latest version of the Add-on Manager and then it sent me to the same FSDT website displaying the FS9 add-on.
 -I exit out of the website and hit continue in FSX and then got the message "BGLMANX.dll is outdated, run FSDT Live Update.
 -I ran the Live update again but still kept getting the same errors every time I run FSX.
 -The date and time of the .dll in the FSX root directory matches the date and time when the live update was done so I know it's picking up the latest one from your live update.

As a note I had KJFK and KORD scenery installed but have un-installed it some time ago. I do have KSFO scenery from FlightBeam so I do use the GSX for that airport. However, with these issues GSX Ground Services no longer works (Shift+Ctrl+F12).

Again, this all started with me installing the latest Live Update trying to get QW to run last evening.

Sorry for the detail information but I just wanted to make sure you had all of the information available to help me. I looked at all of the prior posts about similar issues but they were all pre "live update' and referred everyone to updating the add-on manager which no longer exist.

I am really frustrated and don't know what else to try, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Cortina.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
What you are reporting is basically impossible to be happening so, either you are doing something else you are not saying, or what you said cannot just happen.

- If the QW757 is installed using the Flight1 installer, the airplane doesn't require and it's not affected by the Addon Manager anymore.

- On the Addon Manager page, were you say "there's only the FS9 version", there's also an alert which explains the lack of an FSX download link:

Since 2017, with the new Live Update system, the FSX/P3D version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not required anymore, since the Live Update program can keep all FSDT products which are currently installed, always updated.

The date and time of the .dll in the FSX root directory matches the date and time when the live update was done so I know it's picking up the latest one from your live update.

Assuming you are referring to the bglmanx.dll, something is very wrong here, or you are doing something else, not just the Live Update. Since 2017, we DO NOT install anything in the FSX root directory, unless you explicitly said so ( which is not the default and it's not suggested ).

By default, all our installer installs into C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, or in any other folder you choose. Even if you chose the FSX root folder, the installer would have created an Addon Manager folder *UNDER* it, unless you manually corrected the final installation to force it into the FSX root folder. Is this what you did, which you are not saying ?

Because, installing into the FSX root folder shouldn't be done anymore, because that folder might be protected by Windows UAC and the updater might have an hard time updating files inside it. That's why we now install outside FSX, so the installer and the updater can have full access to a folder they have created, without having to worry about Windows file protections.

- Uninstall ALL your FSDT products.

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". This will allow you to choose the install destination again.

- Reinstall all your FSDT products, using all the current installers. DO NOT change the default folder. C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager is entirely fine, and the only reason you might have to install elsewhere, is if you don't have enough space on C: If this is the case, just select the root of any drive, like D: or E: or F: which will result in all our FSDT product ending under D:\Addon Manager, E:\Addon Manager, etc.

cortina

Hi U.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

To clarify some of the things.

QW757: You are correct the error is not associated with QW since it's using it's own installer since I update it. It's other products.

Install Directory:Yes I did change the install from C:\Program Files (x86)\ to FSX. since I never like installing FSX associated app in that directory. There always seems to be issues after a Norton updated or other win updates. I have total control of the FSX directory it's not protected by Win UAC I set all of the permissions included the Norton scan. No worries I will have the installer install in the C:\Program Files (x86).

Uninstall: I always answer "No" when asked if I want to Remove the Add-On Manager. As you suggested I will answer "Yes" and then reinstall all of products.

Basically I was doing the opposite to what i was suppose to do during the Uninstall and Reinstall.

I will do it again when I get home this evening. Given the mistakes I made I think this will address the issue.

Will report back one way or the other.

Thanks again.
Regards.

Cortina.

cortina

Hi Umberto;

Problem has been resolved. I redid the process as described and all is well.

Thanks again.

Cortina.

DAL777-232

Re: Still getting outdated GSX Add-on message and outdated BGLMANX.DLL in FSX
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 02:15:06 am »
I am getting pretty much the same thing that is stated above when I try to re-install my scenery from FSDreamteam.
SGT. Robert P Armstrong (Ret)

cortina

Re: Still getting outdated GSX Add-on message and outdated BGLMANX.DLL in FSX
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 06:50:23 am »
I am getting pretty much the same thing that is stated above when I try to re-install my scenery from FSDreamteam.

When you uninstalled the scenery did you answer "yes" to also uninstall the add-on manager?
When you reinstalled the FSDT Live update (there is no longer an Add-on Manager) make sure you install it in the default folder which is C:\Program Files (x86)\ (this must be done before you reinstall the scenery).

Hope this helps. If not, then the FSDT experts will have to jump in.

Best.
Cortina.