Author Topic: New user - teething problems ??  (Read 1895 times)

Mariner1949

New user - teething problems ??
« on: August 28, 2019, 08:39:57 pm »
Hello all, just installed this GTX Level 2  add on into FSX W10, &  I have to say, I find it brilliant, & amusing at the same ☺

However, whilst most of the app does it's job, I've found that my  boarding,VC cockpit announcements have vanished (was there initially ! )
The pushback despatcher is audible, as are cockpit general noises ( in both PMDG 737 NGX & 777 ) & external general noise...

Also, I get 'Parking too small - ground ops unavailable' even in the likes of EGGC,EGGP  or EGLC.....

These issues I have seen expressed as far back as 2014 on the forum &,it seemed, no positive solution to either problem - my question is :-
has a positive fix been expedited  & if so - can you share it please 😉

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New user - teething problems ??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 09:02:19 pm »
However, whilst most of the app does it's job, I've found that my  boarding,VC cockpit announcements have vanished (was there initially ! ) The pushback despatcher is audible, as are cockpit general noises ( in both PMDG 737 NGX & 777 ) & external general noise...

Please clarify if you are referring to the GSX sounds, or other sounds produced by the airplane. GSX for sure won't affect sounds other than its own.

Also, I get 'Parking too small - ground ops unavailable' even in the likes of EGGC,EGGP  or EGLC.....

This of course is clearly explained in the manual, the explanation of the "Max Wingspan" customization feature at Page 37.

Mariner1949

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 10:02:18 pm »
Thanks Virtuali, the sounds I'm talking about are all GTX Level 2 👍

I'll have a read of the manual 're: Parking... & see if I can sort it out from there - but really , I was hoping that there would be a fix or patch that I could apply  by now (from 2014 ..)  without having to alter files ....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 10:51:14 pm »
Thanks Virtuali, the sounds I'm talking about are all GTX Level 2 👍

It wasn't very clear, since you said you installed GSX and your cockpit announcements vanished, that looked like as if you had other non-GSX sounds that worked before, and installing GSX has them "vanished".

Instead, you meant you installed GSX, and for a while ITS OWN sounds worked fine, but now they don't anymore ? If yes, is the correct audio card being selected in the Sounds Settings page ? Are you missing ALL GSX sounds, or just the ones you are supposed to hear in the VC ?

I'll have a read of the manual 're: Parking... & see if I can sort it out from there - but really , I was hoping that there would be a fix or patch that I could apply  by now (from 2014 ..)  without having to alter files ....

What's there to "fix" ? Have you read the explanation at Page 37 and why this happens ? Do you think it would be right for GSX to IGNORE the parking radius that has been set by the scenery developer, likely for some reason, since it cannot possibly know if the parking radius has been set that way for some reason, or by mistake ?

And, what GSX does to fix what *might* be a scenery error, is exactly the opposite of what you are saying you don't want to do: it makes you override an information in the scenery WITHOUT altering ANY files belonging to the scenery itself. The alternative would have been altering the scenery own AFCAD, but GSX is not doing that, for the precise reason that altering files of other developers is just wrong.