Author Topic: Pax numbers during boarding  (Read 5593 times)

swissdani

Pax numbers during boarding
« on: August 25, 2019, 11:07:04 am »
Hi Umberto

Since the last live update I am no longer asked how many pax I want to board after choosing Request boarding. The estimate pax option is not activated in the settings. I think we had the problem already once after an Live update. Can you please have a look into this?

Thank you.
Dani

NewLife120A

Re: Pax numbers during boarding
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 07:23:18 pm »
Can confirm Im also have a same issues too
Im very fan with simulator games  including FSX and later P3D however I always suffer Learning disability

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 08:09:01 pm »
On a related issue why do I need to tell GSX the number of pax on deboarding when I have already entered the number when boarding?

Is it reasonable to assume no virtual passengers have been thrown off the flight for bad behaviour?  ;D
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Airmaz1

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 08:18:07 pm »
Is it reasonable to assume no virtual passengers have been thrown off the flight for bad behaviour?  ;D

Could happen with Ryanair... XD

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 08:42:37 pm »

Could happen with Ryanair... XD

Even with Ryanair it’s unlikely whilst airborne.  :)
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 02:18:48 pm »
I can confirm the problem doesn't happen here.

To see confirmation for the number of passengers, the "Estimate passenger number" in the GSX Settings must be disabled, and it requires a restart after it's changed.

Also, if you use an airplane that has GSX integration and is able to set the passenger number itself ( such as the FS Labs or Aerosoft Airbuses, or the Leonardo MD80 ), you will never asked to set the passenger number manually, since the airplane will do it.

swissdani

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 02:34:16 pm »
Hello Umberto

The estimate pax number is NOT selected.

I used the PMDG 747 and 777 these days. Before with these 2 aircrafs I was able to choose the pax numbers by manual entry, since the last updates not any more. Can you try with the PMDG airplanes?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 02:42:16 pm »
Works just fine here with the PMDG 747-400

swissdani

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 03:10:43 pm »
That's interesing. Did you already have some pay numbers set in your FMS?

I entred the pax and cargo before I used GSX boarding. Also I had the jetways already connected. Any other idea what could be the problem?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 03:14:00 pm »
Does this process work for the PMDG737 series? I don’t usually enter the number of pax but just enter ZFW instead.
Cheers,
Ray.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 03:17:17 pm »
That's interesing. Did you already have some pay numbers set in your FMS?

It shouldn't make any difference on an airplane that doesn't use GSX integration, like the PMDG. It would on an FS Labs, for example.

I entred the pax and cargo before I used GSX boarding. Also I had the jetways already connected. Any other idea what could be the problem?

No idea, I tried to connect the jetway first, but it doesn't make any difference, the passengers number is always asked. Could be you disabled the "Message text" from the Options->General->Information setting ? If that option is disabled, you won't see any green line messages from any add-on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 03:19:23 pm »
Does this process work for the PMDG737 series? I don’t usually enter the number of pax but just enter ZFW instead.

When the "Estimate Passenger number" option is set, GSX will always ask for the number of passengers on board, regardless of the airplane payload. It's only when the estimate is enabled, the payload would make a difference.

swissdani

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 03:38:15 pm »
Negative, the message text is active and I get all the GSX messages during boarding. (5/210 boarded etc). I haven't changed any of my sim or gsx settings lately. Before friday I was always asked how many to board, since the no longer.

I attached my GSX settings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 03:43:49 pm »
Negative, the message text is active and I get all the GSX messages during boarding. (5/210 boarded etc). I haven't changed any of my sim or gsx settings lately. Before friday I was always asked how many to board, since the no longer.

There's nothing wrong in your settings, and as you can see, it works normally here, even with the PMDG 747. Try this:

- Enable Logging from the Troubleshooting tab of the GSX Settings page.

- Restart Couatl, and wait for GSX to be ready

- Call Boarding or Deboarding

- Let it finish

- Exit from the sim, then post your log file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

as a ZIPPED Attachment to a post.

swissdani

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 08:19:03 pm »
Hello again

Just started my sim and saw that there is a new live update available. Run it and now the option is back there ;-)

Thanks for fixing this.
Dani