Author Topic: GSX for P3d V4.3 ???  (Read 2143 times)

aerosoft777pilot

GSX for P3d V4.3 ???
« on: February 03, 2020, 06:43:38 pm »
hello dear community

I have a big problem.

I have prepair 3d V4.3
Due to the weak performance of my computer, I cannot update my simulator to the latest version.

As a result, I have the problem that GSX is not supported on version V4.3. My question now is: is there still a setup to download somewhere for this version?

I have acquired a license, so there must be a setup for my version

thank you for your help

greetings
Christian

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX for P3d V4.3 ???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 07:56:14 pm »
The problem is that GSX is constantly being updated, and as far as P3D V4, the GSX vehicles have been updated to incorporate PBR, which requires at least 4.4. You will also note that Windows 7 is also no longer supported.
Captain Kevin

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:12:34 am »
best bet is  to update to  4.4  which is  easily  done, make  sure  you  do both the  client  and  content,   gsx  also  runs  on  4.3  so  you should have  no issues,  when installing  gsx it  will ask  you what sim  platform your  using, also its  a   trial  addon as  well  so  you  can  see  if it  works  or  not  just like  all  other  fdst  products  you  can  trial them on your  pc  to see  how  it  goes
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:43:56 am by pete_auau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 10:23:16 am »
There's are reasons not to update to P3D 4.5 from 4.3, surely not for performance reasons, if a system could run 4.3, it will surely run 4.5 too.

We updated most of the models in GSX to support PBR, which works with 4.4 minium, but not only that, we are also using several features which are just not there in previous versions, like the custom Camera API, which allows us to create native cameras with *zero* impact on fps and no hacking, or more reliable Render To Texture features, which allowed to reduce dramatically the number of Simobject installed, for a performance INCREASE, and a way easier user customization of operator liveries.

That's why we cannot support 4.3 and below, SAME AS:

- we don't support any version lower than 3.4 on P3D V3 ( and nobody ever complained )

- we don't support any version lower than 2.5 on P3D V2 ( and nobody ever complained )

- we don't support any other version than 1.4 on P3D V1 ( and nobody ever complained )

- we don't support FSX without BOTH Service Packs 1 and 2 installed ( and nobody ever complained )