Author Topic: Can’t activate GSX via add-on manager  (Read 2751 times)

wilhelm prytz

Can’t activate GSX via add-on manager
« on: August 03, 2019, 02:22:04 pm »
Hi! When I try to activate GSX via the add on manager nothing happens.
I have the latest installer, and I’ve double checked the serial but nothing happens.
I bought it from S simarket but they couldnt help me with the problem.
I’m using FSX-SE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can’t activate GSX via add-on manager
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:10:51 pm »
Do you see the “Addon Manager” and the “GSX” menu under the “Addons” menu of the simulator ? If not, try this:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Add-on Manager folder from scanning.

- Try the Live Update again, or reinstall GSX using its most current installer, to be found under the "Products and Downloads" page of our site.

If that still doesn't work, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

wilhelm prytz

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 02:11:56 pm »
I can see the addon manager bar in the menu and I can enter the addon manager and Everything is normal until when I enter my serials. When I enter them I just return to the flight and Nothing happens.

Pitsy

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 06:54:40 pm »
I'm having same issue, have u had any luck getting it to work, I've reinstalled with latest but put in serial key like u and go back to fsx normal with gsx still in trial mode, hopefully get it to work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 03:27:40 pm »
Try to Deactivate and then Reactivate all the sceneries (don't uninstall or reinstall anything, is not required)

This can *possibly* related to the fact Esellerate finally closed all its services yesterday so, if you previous activation was obtained with Esellerate, it must be now redone with the new QLM/Soraco system, it has worked so far, since the Esellerate servers were still up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 03:28:23 pm »
I can see the addon manager bar in the menu

Does it mean you see ONLY the "Addon Manager" menu and not the "GSX" menu, as I asked before ?

Pitsy

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 06:22:21 pm »
My fix was downloaded latest network runtime and uninstall gsx, turn off firewall and antivirus then install gsx again and bingo it all worked 4 me hope it helps u.