Author Topic: Manfred/Visser C-47v3  (Read 5755 times)

Butch

Manfred/Visser C-47v3
« on: July 28, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »
  :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:24:56 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Manfred/Visser C-47v3
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 02:37:26 pm »
This has been discussed so many times and, of course, it's fully explained in the manual, at Page 11:

GSX will calculate Deboarding time by estimating the number of passengers on board, which equals to the sum of all the stations in the [weight_and_balance] section of the aircraft.cfg of the airplane in use, divided by 220 lbs. which is an industry standard method of calculating how much a single passenger + baggages weights, in average.

And Page 29:

Estimate passengers number

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard. If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger number automatically, without asking confirmation. By default, the option is enabled, which mimics the standard behavior GSX always had until this version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:38:28 am »
I did unenabled the estimate passengers so that it would ask me how many passengers and it never did ask, it just load/unload three crew.

But since you said "I ticked", I had to clarify, since the estimate passengers option is disabled by UN-ticking the checkmark, not ticking it. In any case, your screenshot shows the Loadmaster, which means you configured the airplane as a Cargo plane, that's why you won't see any passengers.

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 07:49:10 am »
thats really strange. But you see the message box with all those GSX messages in the sim? (the one you would also enter the passengers?)
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 05:04:30 pm »
Here we go again....round and round she goes, where it stops.....who knows....

I don't know what you are trying to say here.

The estimated number of Pax in not checked so doesn't that mean that I should be asked how many passengers? Well, I am saying that I was not asked.

I obviously understood that, and already replied to this in my previous message, which you must have missed. I'll copy again the relevant part:

In any case, your screenshot shows the Loadmaster, which means you configured the airplane as a Cargo plane, that's why you won't see any passengers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 10:46:04 pm »
I don't know what you mean by Loadmaster, in any event it dawned on me that maybe I could add extra passenger weight in hopes that GSX would show some passenger leaving the plane. Not so - same issue remains.

You seems to keep skipping part of my reply, which already contained the solution to your problem. I'll post it for the 3rd time:

In any case, your screenshot shows the Loadmaster, which means you configured the airplane as a Cargo plane, that's why you won't see any passengers.

Even if you don't know who's a Loadmaster (it's the guy that check Cargo being loaded, that one that "looks like an engineer" ), you could have checked the 2nd part of the reply. Another hint the airplane is configured as Cargo, is GSX will say "Crew has boarded" instead of saying "Passengers".

Again, check the airplane configuration, and be sure it's not set as Cargo, which of course is not default, so you must have set it that way, and forgot about it.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 11:58:09 pm »
I wish you would of referred me to this link in the first place (would of saved a LOT of back and forth):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=14324.0
To be fair, that thread was posted in 2016, so you can't possibly expect people to necessarily remember that it even exists.
Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 07:27:40 pm »
I wish you would of referred me to this link in the first place (would of saved a LOT of back and forth):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=14324.0
To be fair, that thread was posted in 2016, so you can't possibly expect people to necessarily remember that it even exists.
True,  I too noted that it was a couple years ago,  but I wish somehow the essence of that conversation would of rang a bell and thus was conveyed to me.
Ab Initio. That link was felicitous to my situation.
I personally never saw that thread until you pointed it out, so I wasn't even aware of its existence. That said, with so many support threads in the span of three years, it's impossible to remember every single one of them.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2019, 02:32:22 pm »

There wasn't any need for it, since the correct answer was already in my initial reply. I repeat it again: if the plane is configured as Cargo, you wouldn't see any passengers, and you'll see the Loadmaster guy in addition to the two pilots.

An no this C-47 is not configured as cargo? The dude on the link I provided said same thing....

yes, it IS configured as Cargo, otherwise you wouldn't see the Loadmaster!

Maybe this wasn't entirely clear to you but, when I said "Configured as Cargo", I mean IN GSX in the Airplane configuration page. That's the only place were you can tell to GSX is an airplane is Cargo.

NOTHING in the aircraft.cfg file is used by GSX to decide if an airplane is Cargo or not. The one and only place were GSX is told if an airplane is Cargo, is the GSX Airplane customization page. By default, all airplanes are configured as passengers so, unless that airplane is already internally supported by GSX (and I'm sure it's not), the only possible reason why GSX thinks this is a Cargo airplane, it's because you said so. Or, possibly, it already came with a GSX.CFG file in its folder that set it as Cargo.

And no, the link you found, is not relevant at all to your case, first because it was from 2016, when passengers didn't exist but, also because you displayed a screenshot showing the Loadmaster, and that's a tell-tell the airplane IS flagged as Cargo. We didn't had the Loadmaster either in 2016 so, my reply is correct to the current situation.

When the airplane is flagged as Cargo, you can do *anything* to the payload, but you will still NOT see any passengers! Just the two pilots AND the Loadmaster guy.

If the airplane is NOT flagged as Cargo, you might still not see passengers, usually because the doors are not configured correctly, so no stairs will appear (no stairs = no passengers ), but you will NOT see the Loadmaster.

That's why, based on your report, I said you must have the airplane configured as Cargo, because you have the Loadmaster, and that one only comes when the airplane is configured as Cargo.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 02:39:10 pm by virtuali »

Airmaz1

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 07:43:49 pm »
Un tick the cargo plane box..

Airmaz1

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 12:03:49 am »
No problem, I'm a driving instructor by profession and i find that just showing people really helps.  ;D

I would also recommend maybe angling the belt loader so it sits diagonally so it doesn't sit so close to the passenger stairs.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:05:42 am by Airmaz1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 02:09:51 am »
I tried your suggestion and it looks better. Notice one dude with two heads (to the left of the baggage guy with green outfit)

It's not a guy with two heads, of course, it's two guys (that happened to be the same model, since they are chosen randomly from a set of characters) which are very close together because, for obvious performance reasons, passengers don't check against collision from each other, because this would kill fps.

You can reduce the chance for them to collide against each other, by lowering their density a bit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 03:16:59 pm »
The timing settings were set at normal

Nowhere I said you can entirely eliminate the problem by acting on the Passenger Density slider. I said "You can reduce the chance for them to collide".

I cannot fine tune (or lower a bit) the slider bar, it goes in basic graduations from Spare to normal etc,(nothing in between)

Nowhere I said you should set a value "in between". Use a lower setting to reduce the chance for them to collide.

The bunch up of people was perhaps a strange phenomenon.

No, it wasn't, and I believe I already said that is normal to be happening, and it will happen less (which doesn't mean "never" ) on lower density setting.

Today, an at the same setting i.e. normal no bunching up of people and no two headed people.

You never had "two headed people" in the first place, and I believe I already explained what you really saw. And yes, now that you lowered the settings, you see less of that.

Butch

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 05:02:39 pm »
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:24:34 pm by Butch »

Butch

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 09:17:04 pm »

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:24:22 pm by Butch »