Author Topic: GSX Reinstall  (Read 2005 times)

firedog121

GSX Reinstall
« on: August 03, 2019, 03:21:28 pm »
Hi I have just built a new computer based around the new AMD 3900x chip....

Having reinstalled the latest version of P3D and all my airports etc. I installed GSX and when P3d runs i have the addon manager window that appears when I click on enter serial the addon manager dissapears and I do not get a dialouge box to enter the serial. I have antivirus turned off and firewall turned off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Reinstall
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:24:59 pm »
Do you see the “Addon Manager” and the “GSX” menu under the “Addons” menu of the simulator ? If not, try this:

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Add-on Manager folder from scanning.

- Try the Live Update again, or reinstall GSX using its most current installer, to be found under the "Products and Downloads" page of our site.

If that still doesn't work, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for missing menu entries from the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

firedog121

Re: GSX Reinstall
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 03:46:21 pm »
So all seems to be working now.....just opened P3d clicked on register sim and the registration box came up. This did not work yesterday! Maybe reboot did the trick?

Thanks I can pushback properly in the FSLabs A320 awesome add on was going to be lost without it.  :)