Author Topic: Can't install any FSDT product  (Read 6206 times)

a346

Can't install any FSDT product
« on: July 27, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »
I bought PHNL the other day, and after uninstalling and trying to reinstall all of my FSDT products, I have run into this issue. No matter where I set the addon manager to be installed (Either C:/ in program files or Z:/ in my flight sim disk), FSDT installers do not recognise my P3Dv4 install. Any ideas?
https://imgur.com/a/uhbBu6s

Many thanks

a346

Re: Can't install any FSDT product
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 02:16:35 pm »
Bump

DrJ1

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 05:01:01 am »
Looks like you are trying to install GSX?   There are separate installers for FSX / P3Dv3 and P3dv4.  Make sure you have the correct installer for the sim you are running

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 02:22:36 pm »
Also, if you are using the P3D4 installer, be sure your P3D4 is updated to at least version 4.4, since it's the first one that supports PBR, which what the new version is all about.

a346

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 01:21:31 pm »
I'm still on P3D v4.3, as I'm unable to install v4.4. How would I be able to download the installer for version 4.3? I am also having the exact same issue with all of your airports- which aren't v4.4 only as far as I'm aware.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:24:56 pm »
I'm still on P3D v4.3, as I'm unable to install v4.4. How would I be able to download the installer for version 4.3? I am also having the exact same issue with all of your airports- which aren't v4.4 only as far as I'm aware.

I'm sorry, but most of our airports requires GSX anyway to work, and since GSX now supports only 4.4 minimum, you don't have any other choice than to update the sim.

Please clarify why you are "unable" to install 4.4, the latest version. which is 4.5, it's a free download from LM and it doesn't require to reinstall any of our addons, if this is the reason why you are not updating.

Just download the P3D 4.5 Client and the 4.5 Content, and you can update an exiting installation without affecting any installed addons.

a346

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 01:10:47 pm »
I'm stuck on an older version of Windows 10, which doesn't support the newer .NET framework required to install v4.4 or 4.5. I'm effectively stuck on 4.3 unless I want to wipe my entire install and OS to try and update it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 02:26:12 pm »
I'm stuck on an older version of Windows 10

All updates to Windows 10 are free so, I can't see how you could possibly by "stuck" with an old version.

I'm effectively stuck on 4.3 unless I want to wipe my entire install and OS to try and update it.

There's no need to wipe the OS to update Windows 10. The Windows updater will update it to the last version with no reinstall required.

a346

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 02:41:17 pm »
The partition on my C drive isn't supported by newer versions of W10, and in order to update the partition to GPT I would lose all of my data.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 03:00:08 pm »
The partition on my C drive isn't supported by newer versions of W10, and in order to update the partition to GPT I would lose all of my data.

No, you won't:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

On Windows 10, you can use the MBR2GPT command line tool to convert a drive using a Master Boot Record (MBR) to a GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition style, which allows you to properly switch from Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) to Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) without modifying the current installation or deleting the data stored on the drive.

a346

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 04:14:38 pm »

No, you won't:

Thanks for the response, but as I am still on version 1607, I'm unable to use the built-in mbr2gpt and follow those provided instructions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 04:39:20 pm »
Thanks for the response, but as I am still on version 1607, I'm unable to use the built-in mbr2gpt and follow those provided instructions.

You will have to update to the first version that supports that tool, then you could update to the last version.

a346

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 06:10:57 pm »

You will have to update to the first version that supports that tool, then you could update to the last version.

I've spent two full days now trying to find a way to update to version 1703 without data loss- absolutely nothing. All the Windows docs for 1607 suggest that you wipe or backup the data (not possible since I have no space on the PC to do so) before totally wiping your boot drive, and my OS is totally refusing to update.

Is there really no archived download link for version 4.3? I understand it's an outdated version of P3D, but it's only a year old and surely there are many other people out there who want/have to stay on this version..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 08:12:38 pm »
I'm stuck on an older version of Windows 10, which doesn't support the newer .NET framework required to install v4.4 or 4.5.

There's no need to update Windows to update to P3D 4.5, which requires .NET 4.7.2 and, according to Microsoft, it CAN be installed on Windows 10 1607

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054590/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-for-windows-10-version-1607-windows-10-v

a346

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 08:23:46 pm »
I'm stuck on an older version of Windows 10, which doesn't support the newer .NET framework required to install v4.4 or 4.5.

There's no need to update Windows to update to P3D 4.5, which requires .NET 4.7.2 and, according to Microsoft, it CAN be installed on Windows 10 1607

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054590/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-for-windows-10-version-1607-windows-10-v
Apologies, I was confusing my version numbers earlier- I'm actually on version 1511, and I've tried to update to .NET 4.7.2 already.
https://imgur.com/a/fVr4La2