Author Topic: GSX2 > Dark jetway glass  (Read 2910 times)

thomas747400

GSX2 > Dark jetway glass
« on: July 20, 2019, 03:58:08 pm »
Hi,

I have recently purchased GSX v1 and v2. I am running P3Dv4.5. I have recently updated Aerosoft LSZH airport using the files/ tutorials published elsewhere in this forum. I noticed that the jetway glass is very dark. I can still see through it but it does not match the rest of the terminal. I have tried changing a few graphics settings within P3D incl. enabling/ disabling HDR, dynamic lighting, dynamic reflections etc. This made no difference. The original SODE jetways looked fine but they did no dock properly onto the aircraft.

The jetways in user are: JBT Aerotech AT3 Three Tunneled Crystal Higher 42/70 - 12/21m. Selecting other jetways with transparent glass makes no difference, they all look dark.

I do not use shader addons.

Any assistance to trouble shoot this issue would be much appreciated :).

Thomas

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:00:44 pm by thomas747400 »

Pit

Re: GSX2 > Dark jetway glass
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 11:03:17 am »
Hi Thomas,

me too, have the same problem with the dark jetway glasses. Noticed this since the GSX-PBR Update, I thought I were the only one having this issue, so tried first many other settings ( also new Display Drivers ), but nothing helped.
My system config:
Win10/64Bit, 16GB RAM, P3Dv4.5 HF1, GSXL2 (PBR Update), Geforce GTX 1060/6GB with Driver 431.36

Hereby one screenshot of my home airport EDDV, using the jetways "ThyssenKrupp Apron drive-tunnel Crystal 38/19", other jetways have the same dark glasses, I don´t use any shader addons.

Regards, Pit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 03:44:31 pm »
Have you updated to P3D 4.5 using the Client only ? This is known to cause black textures issues with PBR materials, and it's fixed by installing also the updated Content installer.

Pit

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 08:48:10 pm »
Hi Umberto,

and yes, for that what concern my system I only updated the P3Dv4.5HF1 Client, not the Content. I really don´t want to reinstall all of the addon´s and AI´s I made in tha last time...... what a pity, everything else is working fine.

Thanks for the answer Umberto. Regards, Pit.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 11:38:50 pm »
You shouldn't have to re-install all your add-ons when you update the Content. I've certainly never had to do it. In any event, PBR requires both Client and Content to be updated, so that's where your problem is.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 11:38:34 am »
and yes, for that what concern my system I only updated the P3Dv4.5HF1 Client, not the Content

Who said you must reinstall your add-ons if you update the Content ?

This is surely not the case and, if you use PROPER P3D4 add-ons, like our own, which use the add-on.xml method and don't install anything inside the sim, which is the recommended method to install add-ons in P3D4, you can even uninstall and reinstall the *whole* sim, without having to reinstall those add-ons.

Pit

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 08:50:56 pm »
Thanks to Captain Kevin and Umberto for the answers,

I will get a try installing the P3Dv4.5 HF1 Content next time, anyway I read at the Lockheed-Forum that when installing the Content some Effects, Textures, Simobejcts and so on could be affected/overwrite  and must be reinstalled once again.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

Thanks for the hint, as I wrote above, I will try to update the content! :-)

Regards, Pit.

thomas747400

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 04:47:16 am »
Hi Umberto,

Updating the P3D content fixed the issue.

Grazie
Thomas

Pit

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2019, 04:16:35 pm »
Hello Umberto and Captain Kevin,

Updated also the P3Dv4.5 HF1 Content and it works!! Needed only minor changes ( one ADD-ON Folder had to be moved from my backup into the P3Dv4 folder). Now I have the correct glasses on the Jetways and passengers can be seen when boarding/deboarding.

Regards, Pit.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:29:40 pm by Pit »